Which works best the bun or the baggie method.......

atlien

For growth....I like the baggie method..but the phoney pony over it got boring /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif So now I am sporting a bun that a friend of mine taught me how to make. But what I am confused about is the baggie method protects the ends which retains length but the bun method doesn't really protect the ends but is less manipulation...so which is better /images/graemlins/confused.gif Hope you guys understand what I am asking /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

I think the baggie method is best. It's more moisture and it CAN be less manipulation. I remember someone whose hair I love (I think it was SherryLove, but I could be mistaken) saying that they do the baggie method once a week or once every two weeks, put on a headwrap, and leave it alone. You don't have to keep fooling with the hair in the bag if you don't want to, in which case the baggie method would achieve both desired goals (more moisture + less manipulation). I hope I understood and answered properly /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

I can't really say which is better... cuz they both workded equally well for my (then) relaxed hair.

I would agree that baggie method is best. I am using the baggie method right now - at least weekends, but for a whole week at least once a month. I am trying to regain my length and I think the baggie method (and bun, also) helped me to reach my hair goals. I don't do the phony tail because it hurts my head. Now that it is too long to put a fake bun over the baggie, I have this little hair ornament that is like a beaded net that I put my hair and baggie (covered with a pantyhose to conceal the baggie). I look like a granny, but I look like a granny with my bun, also.

CDF, How are you using the baggie method. Are you putting just the ponytail part in a baggie a couple times a week, every day etc... Or or you doing the whole head (in a plastic cap) thing once or twice a week? Curious minds want to know. /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

I do the baggie method at night and wear a bun in the morning. If I'm in a real hurry in the morning I wear a phony bun over my baggie. My ends are thanking me for it.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the baggie method is best. It's more moisture and it CAN be less manipulation. I remember someone whose hair I love (I think it was SherryLove, but I could be mistaken) saying that they do the baggie method once a week or once every two weeks, put on a headwrap, and leave it alone. You don't have to keep fooling with the hair in the bag if you don't want to, in which case the baggie method would achieve both desired goals (more moisture + less manipulation). I hope I understood and answered properly /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that was me, dreamssold...... /images/graemlins/wave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I can't really say which is better... cuz they both workded equally well for my (then) relaxed hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here.

I never really tried the baggie method on my hair but I did to my daughter's hair for about 4 months and her hair grew like a weed. Im happy with the bun method.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that was me, dreamssold...... /images/graemlins/wave.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so /images/graemlins/smile.gif! Well, we know by your hair that it can work quite well that way /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

The bun method for me. The baggie method tore my ends up...I possibly wasn't doing it right (I never let my hair dry completely before putting the baggie over it. But I'm not willing to risk trying again.

Hey there, Cowgirl,

I put my hair in a ponytail, put the moisturizers on it (S curl or sta-sof-fro, vaseline or grease, or just leave-in conditioner if that is all I have), braid it, roll it up in a ball, put the baggie, pantyhose and hair ornament over it and leave it there for a week, if possible. I will take it down every 2-3 days to respray it. But when I take it down, I don't even unbraid it. I just uncover it to remoisturize it, and then put the hair ornament back on it. If I just do it for the weekend, Friday night I will put the baggie over the braid, but instead of hair ornaments on the weekend I will use the hair cloth and wrap it around my head and then around the baggie, like SherriLove.

Hmmm...I've got to get on the baggie method bandwagon!
158.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The bun method for me. The baggie method tore my ends up...I possibly wasn't doing it right (I never let my hair dry completely before putting the baggie over it. But I'm not willing to risk trying again.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH DEAR this sounds familar to me, i made the same mistake not allowing the hair length to compltely dry and i had rough broken ends. However now that i allow my hair to become 95% dry then add oil to ends plus baggie, it seems to be working well for me.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand. How did the baggie method destroy your ends? Help! /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Lorraine Lorraine Lorraine G, the updo bun style is looking so gorgoeous in your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, den1. /images/graemlins/kiss.gifJust trying to protect these ends from Mother Nature. lol. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif I'm loving those waves. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Lorraine G, I think what happens is the when hair is immersed in water the strands swell open, making it weaker and more suseptible to breakage. I can apply my baggie to damp hair but not soaking wet, i'd end up with rough ends even though i've applied the oil. if this doesn't make sense disagrard my statement, i'm no expert just a matter of opinion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lorraine Lorraine Lorraine G, the updo bun style is looking so gorgoeous in your avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, den1. /images/graemlins/kiss.gifJust trying to protect these ends from Mother Nature. lol. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif I'm loving those waves. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes your waves are beautiful indeed /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

[ QUOTE ]
Den1, I was talking about your beautiful waves in your avatar pic. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DUH!!I'm so stupid /images/graemlins/rofl.gif, i honestly didn't know you were talking about my hair.. Aww thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Lorraine G, I think what happens is the when hair is immersed in water the strands swell open, making it weaker and more suseptible to breakage. I can apply my baggie to damp hair but not soaking wet, i'd end up with rough ends even though i've applied the oil. if this doesn't make sense disagrard my statement, i'm no expert just a matter of opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh, I get it.
thk.gif
Thanks for clarifying.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok it is official...you are my hair idol....girl your hair is banging! I can't wait until I get soem length to try these buns!!

So wet hair in a baggie is not good??????? Oh NO...please say it is not say. I ahve been thinking I was doing somehting!

[ QUOTE ]
So wet hair in a baggie is not good??????? Oh NO...please say it is not say. I ahve been thinking I was doing somehting!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tonya, if applying the baggie to wet hair,is working for you continue with it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok it is official...you are my hair idol....girl your hair is banging! I can't wait until I get soem length to try these buns!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Thanks girl. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Back