Which type of products do you go for?

sleepflower

Just curious... If/when you are in the market for new hair products, what 'lines' do you go for?

Things for curly hair? Dry hair? Damaged hair, even if your hair is healthy? Things marked for thin/thick hair, depending on your strands?

I realised I tend to at least look at products for curly hair, but I am not sure how well they work with 'kinky' hair. I also notice they tend to have proteins in them, and, being a natural, I am scared of using too many proteins. Other than that, I think I look at products for damaged hair (maybe too strong?) or dry hair.

I think drugstore products for curly hair is a gimmick. I go for thick/coarse products or smoothing products when im flat ironing.

I'll go for the ones that say intense moisture, read the ingredients on the back and probably check out the curly hair products next. If I like the ingredients and it is a curl holder or conditioner than its mine...

I tend to go for intense moisturizing lines. Proteins don't bother my natural hair at all (my hair thrives on it), but I stick with things for dry and/or damaged hair. If I'm looking for something to enhance my curl, I go for things specifically geared toward my texture (e.g. KCCC, Qhemet, KBB, etc.).

I usually go for things that are for damaged hair even though mine isnt. Oh also moisturizing item also but I make sure I check the ingredients.

I Always tend to look at Products that say they are for Dry, Damaged, Frizzy, Thick, Coarse Hair because I like products that are going to help me Retain moisture.

So For My Hair, the More Moisturizing, the Better.:lick:

I look for products for dry damaged hair. My hair is not damaged, but those products usually moisturizes and strengthens better.

IA with msa. I go for products that provide moisture. I usually go for conditioners that I can use as a cowash, leave in and DC.

I but products that are geared towards "Damaged/Dry hair" also. Even though my hair is not really damaged anymore, I think those products make sure it stays that way. I've never bought ones that are for "fine hair" or "volumizing."

But most times I just read the ingredients...Manufactures might promise a product does one thing on the label, but if the ingredients aren't right it might do something totally different in the long run ie: pink lotion :)

I use whatever I feel will work. I have products for "black people" hair, "white people" hair, curly hair, relaxed hair, colored hair, damaged hair, etc.

The most important requirements for me are that it must be something I can buy relatively inexpensively, and can be found locally.

Last edited:
I love natural hair products. Basically these products will catch my eye and I may take a second look.

I am actually looking at some Oyin right now, seeing as I am going on a no buy starting monday :(.

I love natural hair products. Basically these products will catch my eye and I may take a second look.

I am actually looking at some Oyin right now, seeing as I am going on a no buy starting monday :(.

Say Wha?????:blush:

I saw in Your Siggy, it says from now until the End of the Year???? Are you Serious????:look:

I'm very satisfied with my key leave-ins: Bronner Brothers, Alba Botanica and IC Aloe leave-in but I still zoom towards moisturizing, non-protein leave-ins and new types of headwraps for day and night. Shampoos, deep cons, rinse out cons I have overflowing.

I always go for dry or damaged hair...because they are gentle and moisturizing or strengthening and i think relaxed hair needs it

I go for what says it is all natural or organic. I read the lable just to make sure it is what it says it is.

Back