Which Shea Moisture Line Is Your Favorite

coconifah

A natural girl living in an unnatural world
Hey Ladies after hearing so many raves about Shea Moisture I would like to know which ones you guys like best. I tried the raw shea butter line and hated it. Whats your fav??

Hey Ladies after hearing so many raves about Shea Moisture I would like to know which ones you guys like best. I tried the raw shea butter line and hated it. Whats your fav??

Shea Moisture has so many lines that I can only speak with partial knowledge: I haven't had the opportunity to try things from every line. And from what I have tried, Shea Moisture products are very hit and miss for me, with more misses than hits. It is thus easier for me to say that I have favorite products that I build into my own hodgepodge Shea Moisture line than to say that I have a favorite intact Shea Moisture line.

NOTE: My hair is hipo, 4a/3c, fine, and dense.

If forced to choose just one line, I'd choose the High Porosity line because
(1) I just won't be without the High Porosity Masque, ever, as long as they make it,
(2) I can work with the High Porosity line's gel, and
(3) the High Porosity line's elixir and shampoo serve their purposes.

Other: Due to very across-the-board good reviews, I just trialed the Low Porosity line's detangler. I find it VERY moisturizing. It's a keeper.
The Rose Oil Complex line's gel gets high praise from various sources. I will trial it. So if it's a keeper, then my hodgepodge lineup as of now is:

Shampoo: High Porosity line's regular shampoo
Deep Conditioner: High Porosity line's masque
Cowash: High Porosity line's cowash
Leave-in Conditioner: Low Porosity line's leave-in detangler
Stylers: Rose Oil Complex line's gel, or High Porosity line's gel, or the Coconut and Hibiscus line's souffle
Sealer/oil/elixir: High Porosity line's elixir

Just for information's sake: Products I think I might really like but have yet to try include: the JBCO shampoo, Sacha Inchi line's masque, the detox/mud masque (I forget the line), and the Fruit Fusion line's masque.

Lots and lots of Shea Moisture products do absolutely nothing for my hair, including the beloved Curl Enhancing Smoothie. Every head is just different! That product does nothing for me. :smile: I'm okay with that: The Hipo Masque MORE than makes up for it. :smile:

Good luck with honing in on products that work for you!

Favorites:

JBCO
-Leave in and masque

Super fruit 10-1 and Multivitamin
-Masque, leave in detangler, rinse out conditioner

Hi Po
-Shampoo and masque

African Watermint
-Shampoo and elixer

Omega 3 6 9
Curl defining smoothie

The Manuka honey deep mask conditioner is life!!! I will use this for my hair forever!
The raw Shea butter deep treatment mask is Good to but I mostly use that on my 3yr old as a protein treatment.

Back