Which setting lotion/ wrap foam do you use?

nadz

I'm looking for a setting lotion or foam wrapping liquid that I can use to help keep my hair down without any residue. For those of you ladies that use such products, do you have any recommendations? I'm using NuExpressions wrapping foam and Black and Sassy wrap cream together, but the Nu Expressions seems to leave residue.

Motions foaming wrap lotion is excellent. I use it when I am doing a wrap or roller set on friends. I use it when I am doing a ponytail on myself, I think it is safer and better then gel. It lasts for a while too!

Keracare. I used it last night for the first time in...forever. I'm pleased. My hair wasn't hard at all.

Speaking of which, I have also used the Motions. I didn't like it. It made my hair break and I've heard other people say this as well. But you can use it with a leave-in and that will solve the breakage problem. That was a couple of years ago so they may have changed the formula since then.

Yeah I've heard the same thing about Motions. I heard that it's nice at first but after using it for some time the hair starts to break.

nadz said:
I'm looking for a setting lotion or foam wrapping liquid that I can use to help keep my hair down without any residue. For those of you ladies that use such products, do you have any recommendations? I'm using NuExpressions wrapping foam and Black and Sassy wrap cream together, but the Nu Expressions seems to leave residue.

Hello Nadz, I have use Keracare setting lotion as well as Jane Carter Solution Roll and Wrap.

I love Lottabody. I use the ready to use formula.

I don't know about it keeping your hair down though that's why I hadn't responded to this thread until I noticed others were posting setting/wrap foams in general. I've used a few that were mentioned, such as the Paul Mitchell Foaming Pommade (great stuff) and the Keracare setting lotion ( I don't like this one, did for awhile though.)

When I had a "Halle Berry Cut" I used to use a wrapping lotion to mold my hair down, and those sanek wrap strips. If I remember the name of the wrap lotion I used at that time I'll post it.

Setting Lotion=Perm Repair Setting Lotion

Foam Wrap Lotion=Elasta QP Design Foam

Have been using both for some years now.

ORS Wrap/Setting Mousse - just started used it, good so far.
Salon Finish Foam Wrap - used it for years, due to my new location at this time getting more is not an option. But I love it.

nadz said:
Thanks y'all. Anybody else liked lottabody?

I like lottabody, especially for braidouts. Lottabody leaves my hair soft and bouncy. I have used this product off and on for several years and I always return to it because it has never failed me.

When my lazy self does roller set, I use:

Setting Lotion: Dudley's (1st preference)
Lotta Body (Extremely diluted)

Foam Wrap: Nairobi, it's the bomb, tad bit expensive but it give the hair a really nice natural sheen with an excellent hold and lots of body.

I havent used any in a while but I do have LottaBody Wrap in a Jar (i think thats what its called)

and I had Keracare and Motions Foam Wrap

Since I am going to attempt to do alot of different styles now, I need to get my game up :lol:

Back