Which rollers?

drasgrl

I'm thinking of doing roller sets again which I haven't done in a few years so I threw all my rollers away. Now I have to buy all new ones. Which ones do you use? Please post a pic or link of the roller if you can. I was in the dollar store today and saw the rollers that stick to your hair and you don't need pins or clips. Are these good, or do they stick to your hair and get it tangled?

Last edited:
I used these stick to rollers a while back, I found that they pulled my hair too much because of the velcro type material (if these are the ones you're talking about). I never tried them with wet hair, only dry hair but that was my experience.

If you're relaxed, many use the magnetic rollers - I did when I was relaxed and they worked great, you just have to practice to get them nice & neat. Don't be discouraged if its not quite right the first time, just try it a few more times.

Some of the naturals, myself included, like the mesh rollers for wetsets because its a little easier to get the hair taut and neat. My personal opinion is that they dry faster cause of the holes in the mesh - but i have no scientific proof of that.

Hope this helps.:look:

I have pics of pony rollerst on natural hair in my fotki, I don't have any other pics though

I used these stick to rollers a while back, I found that they pulled my hair too much because of the velcro type material (if these are the ones you're talking about). I never tried them with wet hair, only dry hair but that was my experience.

If you're relaxed, many use the magnetic rollers - I did when I was relaxed and they worked great, you just have to practice to get them nice & neat. Don't be discouraged if its not quite right the first time, just try it a few more times.

Some of the naturals, myself included, like the mesh rollers for wetsets because its a little easier to get the hair taut and neat. My personal opinion is that they dry faster cause of the holes in the mesh - but i have no scientific proof of that.

Hope this helps.:look:

I have pics of pony rollerst on natural hair in my fotki, I don't have any other pics though

Yeah this is what I was thinking. It seemed like it would pull the hair out. Thanks.

Back