Which one is better for hair health?

• Kinky Twists

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Sew-In weave

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chameleonchick

for protecting the hair. Kinky twists or a full sew in? Why do you say this? When my DH is home for leave he wants to go camping and I have to have my hair in a style that will be better for my hair's health. Thanks in advance!

I prefer sew in but you must take good care of hair : I use to moisturise twice a day if needed , co wash and deep co at least once a week .
PS: beautiful children .

I prefer sew in but you must take good care of hair : I use to moisturise twice a day if needed , co wash and deep co at least once a week .
PS: beautiful children .

Thank you! Thank you for your responses. If I'm 29 weeks post will I have to get a full head weave?

I think kinky twists, because it's easier to get to your real hair and scalp, don't have to really worry about too tight thread or anything like that.

JMO.

I think kinky twists, because it's easier to get to your real hair and scalp, don't have to really worry about too tight thread or anything like that.

JMO.

i agree:yep:

• easy
  • manageable
  • able to properly moisturise your hair very easily without lifting up tracks etc.
  • lasts longer
  • you can style just look your "real hair"

I voted weave because i think it looks better - but if you want healthy hair then i would say the kinky twist will be much better for your hair...and can look fab if the person doing them is a pro.

You need a style that you don't have to worry about - with weave you worry constantly about the smallest things like which way the wind is gonna blow lol...dont want those cornrows showing:grin:

Kinky twists hands down in my opinion!

I may be a little biased because I have not had a good experience with a sew in :look:, but apart from that kinky twists put less tension on your hair and you can get to the hair and scalp easier to moisturise/massage/wash, etc with kinky twists. I do like the way weaves look as opposed to kinky twists but, if I had to choose, I would still go with the kinky twists to keep my hair as healthy as possible.

Kinky twists are also so much easier to manage. If you don't get a weave with a closure/full head weave, you'll be forever trying to blend in your hair by flat ironing or whatever and if you get a weave with a closure it may not look realistic... I guess it depends on who's doing the weave and what sort of hair you are using.

Weaves work fine for some people on the other hand... this is just my opinion.

Last edited:
I voted weave because i think it looks better - but if you want healthy hair then i would say the kinky twist will be much better for your hair...and can look fab if the person doing them is a pro.

You need a style that you don't have to worry about - with weave you worry constantly about the smallest things like which way the wind is gonna blow lol...dont want those cornrows showing:grin:

i think this depends on how many weeks post you are and how well your hair will blend in with rest of the weave. if you have a lot of new growth and you plan to leave some of your hair out then you might have to straighten the hair that's out to make it blend. kinky twists will probably be less manipulation, especially if you are going on a trip

I might just be a little biased here...I have never worn a sew in...but I have had braids and kinky twists and hands down to kinky twists!!! I absolutely love kinky twists, I have them in now, I can style them easily with them looking natural and have received lots of compliments. Because I am natural I prefer kinky twists.

Also with kinky twists I am able to moisturize my hair an scalp...the big plus to me is my twists did give me a facelift (you know not to tight)

I have had good results with sew ins. But, I took care of my hair underneath. I also had good results with kinky twists, but my edges came out. But, you do have direct contact with your hair with twists.:yep:

Back