Which one do you recommend? Fotki or LHCF album?

maxineshaw

I am going to start maintaining a hair album. I was wondering which do you recommend? A fotki account, or a LHCF album(s)? I just created a fotki, but I was thinking that LHCF might be better. I think the blogs are better than fotki journals, and having a LHCF account allows for more privacy (and I'm all about anonymity:yep:). What do you think? Any suggestions/comments/whatevers are more than welcome.

Wow, I didn't know LHCF had an album(?) (If they do I think it would be better than Fotki!) Where did you find it at?

ETA: Oh, that's ok, I just saw the link under the LHCF banner...

I like having LHCF albums and blogs because they're right here. But you don't get all the customization and features of a 3rd party solution. I keep albums & a blog here because it's convenient, and I just have to log into the one place, but I also post on Picasa and just provide a link. The LHCF uploader is kind of a pain, and you can't upload videos :ohwell:

What I do like about having these parts of the site is that when I'm running out of interesting threads to read late at night, I can mosey over to the blogs and see what people are up to :lol:

I prefer fotki. I figure if for some reason I stop having LHCF account my fotki will still be there.

fotki, because if you decide not to subscribe in the future to this forum, you never know if your albums and comments will be lost. besides, you won't have access to them as a nonsubscriber.

Wow, I didn't know LHCF had an album(?) (If they do I think it would be better than Fotki!) Where did you find it at?

ETA: Oh, that's ok, I just saw the link under the LHCF banner...

Woah, and you've been a member since 2003??!! I think that answers the original posters question...With that said, I guess I'm going to have to recommend fotki. It's more easily accessible and easier to navigate the albums and through pictures. The pictures show up more clear and bigger; and you have nice edit and customization options to explain your pics. Further, you can set up your journey ina more organized fashion.

Last edited:
Always, always, always keep your pictures and your blogs in YOUR control. Putting them here means you have to subscribe to access them, and someone else has the control to delete them if they want to. I'm not saying the folks who moderate LHCF would ever delete your stuff; they seem VERY professional. But it's just a habit you need to keep, particularly when you are messing around on the internet with people/moderators you really don't know.

Back