Which makes a better bun, drawstring Pony or just tracks? and....

pmichael52172

.... do they make amd sell afro textured tracks? I'm transitioning so a sleek straight pony will not match.I saw this woman with the cutest ponytail. I knew it was fake but it was cute. She had on a hat so they pony was low near the nape. Looked classy and simple with a hat and nice accessories. This is something I want to do and also turn it into a bun when I feel like it..Can I do that with a drawstring or will it look more natural with tracks? As you can see I've never so much as touched weave so bare with me.

.... do they make amd sell afro textured tracks? I'm transitioning so a sleek straight pony will not match.I saw this woman with the cutest ponytail. I knew it was fake but it was cute. She had on a hat so they pony was low near the nape. Looked classy and simple with a hat and nice accessories. This is something I want to do and also turn it into a bun when I feel like it..Can I do that with a drawstring or will it look more natural with tracks? As you can see I've never so much as touched weave so bare with me.

I prefer track hair for buns and ponys because you can decide how thick or full you want it. If you want one that looks a litte more natural looking try the kinky twist hair (synthetic). I use that whenever I do a twist-out bun. I have a picture somewhere in my album. If my hair is slicked into the ponytail or bun I use the straight human hair track. I don't like the drawstrings even though they're just okay but even with the drawstring I end up putting pins in anyway so the tracks are best in my opinion.

HTH

ETA: I meant to say the kinky twist hair that is spiral curled in the package.

I prefer track hair for buns and ponys because you can decide how thick or full you want it. If you want one that looks a litte more natural looking try the kinky twist hair (synthetic). I use that whenever I do a twist-out bun. I have a picture somewhere in my album. If my hair is slicked into the ponytail or bun I use the straight human hair track. I don't like the drawstrings even though they're just okay but even with the drawstring I end up putting pins in anyway so the tracks are best in my opinion.

HTH

ETA: I meant to say the kinky twist hair that is spiral curled in the package.

I love your bun. OP I use so many different things, mane clips, drawstrings that I cut in half etc. Check my fotki.

YES! This helps a great deal. Your everyday bun is EXACTLY the look I eventually wanted with the added hair (to the side and everything)... at least until I get enough hair to do it myself. THANK YOU!

Any idea where online I can find such kinky twist hair tracks? I'll most likely end up getting from a BSS, but at least want to know what I'm looking for before I go in.

Thanks selfstyled. Your fotki is already bookmarked on my 'puter. Hope I can PM you with more questions if I need to ask. Love your looks!

I did a quick search and couldn't find the exact hair I use but it's something like this but with a tighter curl. When it comes in the pack it looks sort of like Oodles o Noodles :lachen:

SENSA-WV-SC012.jpg
http://www.beautyink.com/detail.asp...t,-Track)&sub_cat_name=Spring-Curl&section=ha

You did not say Oodles of Noodles! :lachen:

Do you think this would look okay and match with my hair as I keep growing it natural? (I know you can't say but so much being that you haven't seen my hair). I figured I could do a bun with it or pony. Of course it would be 1B (Off black). And being that it's human I could style it too. Would I just use bobby pins? Questions, questions questions!
ebonyline51_2067_29836098

You did not say Oodles of Noodles! :lachen:

Do you think this would look okay and match with my hair as I keep growing it natural? (I know you can't say but so much being that you haven't seen my hair). I figured I could do a bun with it or pony. Of course it would be 1B (Off black). And being that it's human I could style it too. Would I just use bobby pins? Questions, questions questions!
ebonyline51_2067_29836098

LOL... Oh, and the Oodles o Noodles hair is much kinkier after you comb it out so it doesn't look so shiny. Are you going to wear it long like this one? I think if you keep it closer to your natural length (longer though of course) it looks more believable. I think that's a very nice track of hair for a ponytail. I think it all depends on how your hair lays if it matches.

And I don't use bobby pins, I use hair pins. I only use about 3-4 on the track itself and my track is folded into threes so it's about 2 feet long. I used to use about 10 hair pins but I found that's not necessary but you can use more if you'd like to feel more secure.

The main thing to make it look believable is to put something over the track. I like to use barrettes of some sort and everybody thinks this is all my hair.

LOL... Oh, and the Oodles o Noodles hair is much kinkier after you comb it out so it doesn't look so shiny. Are you going to wear it long like this one?

No, I would be soooo self-conscious. My main goal is to wear buns. When wearing it to one side gets old, girl I'm gonna move it the other side! :lachen: I'll eventually get the guts to wear it long but I'll definately have my stylist cut it. I'll probably be curling it anyway. I sure hope it matches my hair, because I'll attach it during times I lightly press it. I have no way of being sure until I get it. And thanks for the hair pin tip too. I was thinking about wrapping some hair around the track to hide it when I don't want to wear a clip.

Last edited:
This is too cute and perfect. Thank you!!!! :bighug:
Did you get this online or from a BSS. If online, show me where. I'm going to the BSS today and need something to compare it to when I get there.

Last edited:
Tracks... I typically use the kind of hair you posted with the small curls and brush it out with a paddle brush. Works like a charm.

This is too cute and perfect. Thank you!!!! :bighug:
Did you get this online or from a BSS. If online, show me where. I'm going to the BSS today and need something to compare it to when I get there.

I got it from the BSS- it was a human hair pony by Freetress. Choose the textures that is closest to your hair.HTH.

Back