Which Leave-In Do you Prefer: Giovanni Direct or Lacio Lacio?

Which Leave-In Do you Prefer?

• Giovanni Direct Leave-In

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • Lacio Lacio

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • I love them both!

Votes: 18 12.4%

• Total voters

Sunshine0801

Hey Ladies!

I'm on the search for a leave-in that will do an excellent job at moisturizing my tresses. I'm particularly looking for something that will give me a fabulous rollerset as well. I don't want to develop a pj habit, so I would prefer not to purchase two leave-ins (but I will if need be! :grin:).

I've read great things about both of these products on this board, so I was curious to know which one ya'll prefer, especially for rollersets.

So here's some additional questions:

- What do you like about Giovanni Direct and/or Lacio Lacio?

- What do you dislike about Giovanni Direct and/or Lacio Lacio?

- If I use either of these products for a rollerset, do I need an additional
product (like a serum)?

- Which of these products, if either, are good for everyday use?

- Are you natural, relaxed, or texlaxed?

TIA!

My vote goes to Lacio

Hey Ladies!

- What do you like about Giovanni Direct and/or Lacio Lacio? Lacio makes my hair super slippy and shiny which works well for nice rollersets.

- What do you dislike about Giovanni Direct and/or Lacio Lacio? Giovanni left my hair kind of hard, even using a tiny bit...didn't have the slippy slip either.

product (like a serum)? I just use Lacio and my spray bottle of water for bouncy sets.

- Which of these products, if either, are good for everyday use? I dont' use either of them everyday for moisture, just as my leave in after washing.

- Are you natural, relaxed, or texlaxed? Texlaxed

TIA!

Hey Ladies!

I'm on the search for a leave-in that will do an excellent job at moisturizing my tresses. I'm particularly looking for something that will give me a fabulous rollerset as well. I don't want to develop a pj habit, so I would prefer not to purchase two leave-ins (but I will if need be! :grin:).

I've read great things about both of these products on this board, so I was curious to know which one ya'll prefer, especially for rollersets.

I like Giovanni because it detangles my hair fairly well, it's not heavy and lightly moisturizes my hair.

I tried lacio lacio before, it was just ok for me...on the plus side it made my hair really soft--but it wasn't all that when it came to detangling.

product (like a serum)?

When I attempted my rollerset with lacio lacio it made my hair poofy and yes I did use it diluted with serum and water.

Giovanni, it's light and does not build up on my hair.

Texlaxed

TIA!

Hope this was helpful:drunk:

Hey Ladies!

I like giovanni direct for airdrying ponytails/buns because it moisturizes my hair better. I like lacio lacio for rollersets because it doesn't weigh my hair down.
giovanni direct leaves my hair hard after a rollerset. lacio lacio doesn't moisturize my hair as much when I airdry my hair loose or in a ponytail.
product (like a serum)?
I use a little bit of castor oil and fantasia serum with the lacio lacio when I rollerset.
I've used lacio lacio in the past daily with no problems but lately I've been using dove sheer moisture daily w/ serum or oil
relaxed 4a.
TIA!

hope this helps :)

Hate to hijack the thread, but I just purchased Lacio today from Sickbay while the sale was still going on. Now I'm happy I did!
Thanks for mentioning this sale. I just purchased some Lacio Lacio, I'm excited!!!

I'll update you all on how it works out for me.

Hey Ladies!

- What do you like about Giovanni Direct and/or Lacio Lacio? Lacio leaves me with super glossy, smooth and silky sets. There is nothing memorable about the Giovanni Direct. I also love the smell of the L2.

- What do you dislike about Giovanni Direct and/or Lacio Lacio?I dislike having to order these products off of the internet and maybe the price for the relatively small bottle of L2. I do recall that the GD felt thin and watery.

product (like a serum)? Speaking for L2, no you won't need anything but I have experimented with a dab of castor oil on my ends. Still had lush results

- Which of these products, if either, are good for everyday use? If the L2 weren't so expensive, I'd *maybe* use it on my twists sparingly because I like the smell.

- Are you natural, relaxed, or texlaxed? Relaxed and now wishing I could rollerset:look:

TIA!

My vote goes to Giovanni. Lacio Lacio was okay, but it just didn't do anything for me. My hair tends to like thicker, creamier leave-ins, so Giovanni works better for me. Lacio Lacio was runnier and my hair just didn't respond well to it. Giovanni was thick, yet light, and my hair held much more moisture when I used it. Although I'm still in search of a better leave-in, if all else fails, I will be returning back to Giovanni:yep:

I LOVE Lacio Lacio, but I'm biased because I've never used Giovanni.

Lacio smells fantastic and provides me with loads of slip after washing. The comb glides through my hair, which used to get kind of matted.

The cost. $8.99/bottle from the BSS I go to.

product (like a serum)?
I just use Lacio and Nexxus Heat Protexx.

Don't know...I only use it on wash day. I really like Lacio but it's a lot of protein for me to use daily.

Relaxed 4B.

My vote goes to Giovanni. Lacio Lacio was okay, but it just didn't do anything for me. My hair tends to like thicker, creamier leave-ins, so Giovanni works better for me. Lacio Lacio was runnier and my hair just didn't respond well to it. Giovanni was thick, yet light, and my hair held much more moisture when I used it. Although I'm still in search of a better leave-in, if all else fails, I will be returning back to Giovanni:yep:

Do you only use Giovanni right after your wash or (if you rollerset) have you ever tried it for rollersets as well? Also, what did you use Lacio Lacio for?

I just wanted to add another to you list, and that is Elasta QP Intense, it is not intended to be a leave in; but I was reading a thread on how it is just like Lacio Lacio but a lot less. I tried it and I have been hooked ever since. at $3.99 a bottle can't hurt to try.

I have never tried the lacio (am considering purchasing) but i did use the giovanni on my rollerset last week and it turned out great. i also use a spray with water, lottabody , and infusium 23 leave-in moisturizing formula (purple writing). thanks neon for bringing out the pj about the elasta!! now i gotta head to the BSS.:ohwell:

I like both for different reasons

I love Lacio Lacio leave-in as my "leave-in" hands down.. Leaves my hair silky soft and full of movement and detangles great

I love Giovanni Direct leave-in as my "moisturizer"..it gives good moisture has yummy ingredients and is light enough for my hair

I like both for different reasons

I love Lacio Lacio leave-in as my "leave-in" hands down.. Leaves my hair silky soft and full of movement and detangles great

I love Giovanni Direct leave-in as my "moisturizer"..it gives good moisture has yummy ingredients and is light enough for my hair

Do you rollerset? If so, which product do you use for your rollersets and how do you use it?

Let me just start by saying that I never tried anything Giovanni, but I have tried lacio lacio. I remember the very first time I put lacio lacio in my hair as a leave in conditioner. For days later I kept touching it because it was so incredibly soft like silk.

Needless to say, this is now one of my staples.

Last edited:
ok here is the low low... i mix half and half ...giovanni is my stable leave in. it has great ingredients. laico laico has nothing but cones and silk protein so it does not really add moisture to the hair but the shine is crazy so mixing them is the bet ob both worlds shiny moist hair you can see in my avatar some of the shine i do not dilute i put a quarter size or a little more in my hair and a little aloe with water in my spray bottle the best sets ever i just bought giovanni from tj maxx for no mose than five bucks it may have been 2.99 idk but i bought four ;)

Last edited:
- What do you like about Giovanni Direct and/or Lacio Lacio? Lacio Lacio

- What do you dislike about Giovanni Direct and/or Lacio Lacio? Giovani Direct didn't do anything to my hair. :ohwell:

product (like a serum)? No Lacio Lacio is all you will need to get a BOMB *** rollerset. :lol:

- Which of these products, if either, are good for everyday use? I use Lacio Lacio everyday and my hair is just fine.

- Are you natural, relaxed, or texlaxed? Texlaxed.

I have never tried Lacio Lacio, but Giovanni Direct (and all Giovanni products for that matter) leave my hair dry, hard and crunchy.

I've got Giovanni Direct and I find it just okay. I'm awaiting Lacio Lacio to arrive through the mail.

I have never tried Lacio Lacio but Giovanni leaves my hair extremely soft, moisturised and manageable. I would never stray! It also helps with my rollersets-it holds the curls!

Back