Which Is Worse?

snookes

Braiding my hair every night which leaves my hair tangle free & stretched in the morning or just throwing a bonnet on loose hair ending up with tangles and then having to detangle my hair daily?? Hope this makes sense lol

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what works for you. I just throw my loc soc on, or bonnet, or nothing I sleep on satin pillowcase. I don't have tangles and my hair kinky/coily/curly so it's going to shrink. I only detangle on washday once a week.

Re-braid your hair in moderation. When I wear almost any style I always secure the hair in a loose pony before putting on my bonnet. For my twistouts/braidouts, I usually retwist/rebraid every other day.
Does the loose pony prevent your hair from tangling?

If you don't want to-re braid every night, you could gather that ends of your hair, twist your hair into a loose roll and use a bobby pin to pin the to the top of your head. Less likelihood of tangling, and you don't smash your hair as much. Easy to unpin and fluff in the morning.

I do just two braids every night. I only finger detangle before braiding so it's not much manipulation and it keeps my hair from getting too tangles.

I braid up in big braids daily to also help me to moisturize. If tiredness is your issue then you can do it every other day. But if you are wondering about the tension and the pulling, you should not have this issue if you don't braid down tightly and do your regular protein treatments. I cannot sleep with my hair loose at all. And I always use a silk scarf. I don't do the satin pillow cases that causes me breakouts.

Best,
Almond Eyes

I don't braid daily. I keep my hair in braids from wash day for 2 days - a week (next wash day). Braids are bobby pinned up & under a wig or braided together with fake hair to make a bun/braid. I M&S hair when needed just lightly coating the braid. No need in re-twisting to M&S.
Hope that helps.

Go with whatever is easier. Re-braid every night so hair is tangle free.

But why not just sleep on a satin pillow case?
Thank you as it seems to be working for me. When my hair gets longer I will leave in two braids and not therefore braid every night, but right now I look like Coolio in the dangerous minds video & hell I can't go to work like that lol

I braid up in big braids daily to also help me to moisturize. If tiredness is your issue then you can do it every other day. But if you are wondering about the tension and the pulling, you should not have this issue if you don't braid down tightly and do your regular protein treatments. I cannot sleep with my hair loose at all. And I always use a silk scarf. I don't do the satin pillow cases that causes me breakouts.

Best,
Almond Eyes
Hi AlmondEyes, no tiredness is not the issue but manipulation. If I don't braid my hair gets soooooo tangled in the morning so was wondering which was worse. Thanks for your reply again :)

Haha @snookes that's hilarious!

You'll get there. A lot of YouTuber's especially 1ballerina who has natural curly thigh length hair talks about how she achieved that length in 3 years by washing & conditioning with her homemade products. As well as applying Shea Butter daily & re-braiding her hair daily.

I don't see anything wrong with re-braiding hair daily. M&S daily or every other day to maintain hair health which also keeps hair looking nice providing some type of curl/look/fullness. Just no need in re-combing or re-brushing every time you take down your hair to re-braid. Don't even finger detangle to rake moisturizer in. Instead coat hair with M&S because yeah...then you'll have to worry about manipulation.

Last edited:

You'll get there. A lot of YouTuber's especially 1ballerina who has natural curly thigh length hair talks about how she achieved that length in 3 years by washing & conditioning with her homemade products. As well as applying Shea Butter daily & re-braiding her hair daily.

I don't see anything wrong with re-braiding hair daily. M&S daily or every other day to maintain hair health which also keeps hair looking nice providing some type of curl/look/fullness. Just no need in re-combing or re-brushing everything you take down your hair to re-braid. Don't even finger detangle to rake moisturizer in. Instead coat hair with M&S because yeah...then you'll have to worry about manipulation.

Yep on point. Just eliminate the brushes and combs and you can braid up daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best,
Almond Eyes

I don't see anything wrong with re-braiding hair daily. M&S daily or every other day to maintain hair health which also keeps hair looking nice providing some type of curl/look/fullness. Just no need in re-combing or re-brushing everything you take down your hair to re-braid. Don't even finger detangle to rake moisturizer in. Instead coat hair with M&S because yeah...then you'll have to worry about manipulation.
Will look 1ballerina up thanks :)

Back