Which Is The Strongest, Most Effective, Protein Treatment?

Which Is The Strongest, Most Effective, Protein Treatment?

• Dominican Protein Conditioners

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Store-Bought Protein Conditioners

Votes: 123 72.4%
  • Natural Hollistic Ingredients (Eggs, soy milk, etc.)

Votes: 23 13.5%
  • Your Own Mix

Votes: 16 9.4%

• Total voters
For those ladies using UBH, do you know if this protein is stronger than the aphogee 2 min reconstructor? Is UBH a considered a very light protein reconstructor.

Torque Magico Emergencia is a good dominican protein conditioner. However, lots of dominican products have protein included -- Wheat Germ, 10 en 1, etc.

The DRC 28...wow, who pays for that stuff? I would really have to see an ingredient list because whew...60 bucks? I believe in that stuff like I believe in Santa Clause. I tried the aphogee treatment for a while but when I go to rinse it out hair still falls in the shower. I comb it out before to remove what I think is shed hair then I do the treatment, rinse it out, boom hair still falling. I don't know what the deal is.

I pay for it. It's my staple Protein Rx. Stops breakage and maintains my protein balance/moisture balance for my natural coloured hair.

It has animal protein which is the which is the most intensive protein. Also this ingredient is high on the list so this product has a lot of it.

INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-11, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Panthenol, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Fragrance, Biotin.

You only use it every 6-12 weeks and you once need an .5 to 1 ounce.

It is 16 ounces.

I would pay the $60 for DRC because it sounds like it's really worth it, but I'm not shelling out for that amount of shipping right now. For me if it works then I have no qualms in spending the money. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

As for the UBH yeah I've been using this myself lately and my hair feels great afterwards. It's certainly not the BEST protein treatment, but with consistent use my hair is a lot more resilient and I don't feel that I need anything stronger anyway.

Eggs before shampoo have always worked well for me.
After color, when chemicals feel more in order, :lol:
Elasta QP Breakage Control is the fave. My logic leans away from this one, but my hair gets the deciding vote.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

I pay for it. It's my staple Protein Rx. Stops breakage and maintains my protein balance/moisture balance for my natural coloured hair.

It has animal protein which is the which is the most intensive protein. Also this ingredient is high on the list so this product has a lot of it.

INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Animal Protein, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-11, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Panthenol, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein, Sodium PCA, Methylparaben, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Fragrance, Biotin.

You only use it every 6-12 weeks and you once need an .5 to 1 ounce.

It is 16 ounces.

I LOVE DRC.... It's probably one of the best protein treatments out there.... I alternate between DRC and aphogee...

The DRC 28...wow, who pays for that stuff? I would really have to see an ingredient list because whew...60 bucks? I believe in that stuff like I believe in Santa Clause. I tried the aphogee treatment for a while but when I go to rinse it out hair still falls in the shower. I comb it out before to remove what I think is shed hair then I do the treatment, rinse it out, boom hair still falling. I don't know what the deal is.

I do an it is worth every dime.

I have used both Aphogee 2 step (about 15-17 years already) I have used DRC -28 in the past (about 14 years ago) I used it every 3 months in the salon.

This year for my bday I was gifted 2 bottles :grin:

Using Aphogee 2 Step with My hair the longer it got the harder it became for me to get all my hair under the dryer and not be under there for under 1 hour. *I was under there for 1 1/2 hours and this hair was still damp underneath :nono:

AND THEN it had the nerve to not even feel like I did much (probably because I rinsed it out and it was still damp :cry2:)

The motions and Nexxus mix was great but not for a long time combo it was a little tooooooo much protein :giggle:

I used the DRC and mind you it has been a Loooooong Time since I used it last. It is bringing back those lovely memories.

I get under the dryer for 15-20 minutes under my plastic cap, and I come out with a Protein treatment that makes my hair feel soft and sTrong at the same time. I couldn't ask for more. I will be repurchasing as needed.

I LOVE APhogee 2 minute and that gets a Serious thumbs up for weekly to as needed use. It keeps my hair in check!

Last edited:
Plain gelatin mixed with distilled water and heated slightly in the microwave is an EXCELLENT protein treatment. I used to do it when my hair was relaxed. I need to start back up again.

Plain gelatin mixed with distilled water and heated slightly in the microwave is an EXCELLENT protein treatment. I used to do it when my hair was relaxed. I need to start back up again.

Wait how do you use that and where do you get gelatin from???

DRC-28?? Im not familiar. I have been very pleased with the results from Ovation Cell Therapy used as directed on the bottle. Has anyone used OCT and DRC-28 and have a comparison for me? I might have to try this DRC stuff!

Wow I had no idea gelatin was useful in that way! Thanks, I wll definitely try it out.

For me, it's definitely Dudley's DRC treatment followed by Aphogee 2 Step as a close second. Thirdly, it would be Soft Sheen Duo Tek. When my Aphogee is finished, I'm going back to my beloved Dudley's DRC 28 because I liked it best. I might even give the Aphogee to my little sister. I'm not crazy about the hard stiff hair after the Aphogee, even though it worked. Plus it stinks!

For me, it's definitely Dudley's DRC treatment followed by Aphogee 2 Step as a close second. Thirdly, it would be Soft Sheen Duo Tek. When my Aphogee is finished, I'm going back to my beloved Dudley's DRC 28 because I liked it best. I might even give the Aphogee to my little sister. I'm not crazy about the hard stiff hair after the Aphogee, even though it worked. Plus it stinks!
What does the Dudley's DRC smell like?

It's not bad actually, pleasant in fact, plus it doesn't leave the hair hard like a ton of bricks. It's definitely worth investing into. It will last a long time because you don't have to use too much neither would you have to use it very often.

Woah this thread is old and I still use dudleys drc 28 all these years later!
It's not bad actually, pleasant in fact, plus it doesn't leave the hair hard like a ton of bricks. It's definitely worth investing into. It will last a long time because you don't have to use too much neither would you have to use it very often.

Where are you ladies buying the DRC at?

Dudleys DRC can also be found on their website.. I use Aphogee because its convenient to find in town. But I think Dudleys is just as good. And Dudleys PCA moisturizer is the best. I've never used anything better its just not convenient to buy. Have to find a salon that carries it or order online.

Back