Which is the best Henna Brand to achieve red hair??

BlkOnyx488

I would like to get and Auburn reddish color to my hair.
something close to the number 33

I know it would take a few application to get my hair that light with henna well at least I think it would.

Could you henna users recommend a brand.
there's so much to choose it's a bit overwhelming

Well I use Henna for African Hair from Mehandi.com. I mix it with lemon juice and water and I achieve this color.

Attachments

• 100_0302.jpg
    100_0302.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_0307.jpg
    100_0307.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 73
Wofford16...You hair color is absolutely lovely? I too would like to know if you had hair that was previously lightened?

To BlkOnyx488...What is No. 33 and what color is your hair at present?

^^^ wow, was your hair light already?

No, I didn't start using Henna until after I did my big chop, for whatever reason my roots remain dark but the rest of my hair receives color without any problem. Also all of those highlights is my grey hair after a Henna treatment. I usually do a Henna treatment every 2 months to keep a handle on the grey.

Wow I'm jealous. Only my edges got reddish. My hair is naturally jet black so I don't expect to see red in my hair at all. I prefer the stringy yemeni dye as well as Rajasomething BAQ. Jamilia is fine too but didn't seem to have the intensity as the other two.

Well I use Henna for African Hair from Mehandi.com. I mix it with lemon juice and water and I achieve this color.

Did you apply henna on top of already dyed hair?

I have no color - only henna. I use Jamila Henna. First I heat up pure lemon juice in the microwave and let a bag of Red Zinger Tea steep in it and let it cool a bit before adding it to the henna powder. I also added honey to it and it came out really red.

I'm trying to go darker now so I skip the red tea and use acv instead of lemon juice and molasses instead of honey.

Yep that's the color I want. Looks great I love!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's one of my questions too. How many application did it take to get that color? How long did you leave it on?

It only took one application to get to this color, I let the Henna sit overnight to get the color to release and I usually leave it in my hair about 3-6 hours depending on how much housework I have that day. I suggest you mix it very thick so that it doesn't drip. After I apply it I wrap my hair up in saran wrap. To remove it I wash it with a ton of conditioner and when it is all out I do a DC for about 3-6 hours as well.

Did you apply henna on top of already dyed hair?

I have no color - only henna. I use Jamila Henna. First I heat up pure lemon juice in the microwave and let a bag of Red Zinger Tea steep in it and let it cool a bit before adding it to the henna powder. I also added honey to it and it came out really red.

I'm trying to go darker now so I skip the red tea and use acv instead of lemon juice and molasses instead of honey.

Biancaelyse,

No I don't have any color on it prior to using the Henna, my first treatment was done after my BC.

Wofford16...You hair color is absolutely lovely? I too would like to know if you had hair that was previously lightened?

To BlkOnyx488...What is No. 33 and what color is your hair at present?

Sorry I didnt' explain #33 is the color of the fake hair I like
2_004.jpg

My hair is about 5 shades from black.

Thanks I just order 200 grams
is that enough? I have short hair

It only took one application to get to this color, I let the Henna sit overnight to get the color to release and I usually leave it in my hair about 3-6 hours depending on how much housework I have that day. I suggest you mix it very thick so that it doesn't drip. After I apply it I wrap my hair up in saran wrap. To remove it I wash it with a ton of conditioner and when it is all out I do a DC for about 3-6 hours as well.

200 grams should be enough. I noticed that my staple henna, Karishma Herbal Henna produces slightly darker results than the last henna I used (Jamila). I think it has to do with the amla and other darkening herbs in the Karishma.

i loved the tint Jamila henna gave to my hair, however, i notice that reshma henna (the brand i get at my local indian market) gives a browner deeper red. but all henna by itself will give you a very red result, no matter the brand.

to tweak that, try brewing your henna with quadruple-strength coffee instead of water. that'll stain your hair brown and red at the same time, and ought to give you a color close to #33.

Thanks I just order 200 grams
is that enough? I have short hair

I believe 200 grams should be enough, I bought 600 grams (I think) I mixed two packets together and whatever I don't use in that application I put the rest in the freezer and it keeps until I do my next application.

I remember reading that henna that comes from hotter, drier (almost desert like) climates and soils have the most dye content. I saw a picture with mohair dyed with different types of henna, and the reddest one (according to my own observation) was Yemeni. Tbh though, there's wasn't a huge difference between them-- so I'd go for the one with the lowest dye release time (1-2 hours, Moroccan). Also, I don't know the effect this would have on your black hair and how close it will get you to auburn reddish #33 or how many applications you'd need

No, I didn't start using Henna until after I did my big chop, for whatever reason my roots remain dark but the rest of my hair receives color without any problem. Also all of those highlights is my grey hair after a Henna treatment. I usually do a Henna treatment every 2 months to keep a handle on the grey.
ooohhhh... got it

Thanks Wofford16
I got my henna today!!!!
I will not use it until the weekend
I have 5 more days of keeping my hair braided
I might not make it

Back