Which is better SalonPro or Molecular Ion version of Caruso

QBOE2001

:cry: My Caruso finally went to meet its maker yesterday after 14 years of faithful service. I went online today to try to replace it and noticed there are two different versions being sold....one is called the molecular ion and one is called the salon pro. Now either one would probably be an improvement over my old "just add salt" version. However I don't know which one to choose and I could not tell based on the descriptions provided what the differences are between the two. Does anyone know???? There is only about 3 to 5 dollars difference in price so I really don't have any idea of what the difference could be. Any information that you have would be appreciated. I found several threads about carusos but none explained the differences in the models.

Thanks Ladies........

I purchased the Ion version and sent it back to Amazon. It did nothing for my hair. Curious to know the experience others have had with the two versions, maybe I just picked the wrong one.

I have the Salon Pro version...I've had it 4 times, it keeps dying. Its an awesome product, I can't live without it. I use this instead of a flat iron for daily touchups...I think your old version was more reliable.

I saw the same exact thing today OP, and didn't know which to purchase. I hope some ladies can pipe in with experiences. I was leaning towards ION because of all the ION hype. But I dunno....

I purchased the Ion version and sent it back to Amazon. It did nothing for my hair. Curious to know the experience others have had with the two versions, maybe I just picked the wrong one.

:sad: I'm so sorry to hear that the ion version didn't work for you. Have you tried the salon pro version yet?

I'm on my second Salon Pro set and it died after a week both times. I'm done with Carusos for now. It seems the "add salt" versions were more reliable than the new one.

I got the vidal sasson one from target online.The vidal sasson one has a regular steam and ion switch. I noticed the ion switch pushes out more steam only. Not much difference.

I have the Salon Pro version...I've had it 4 times, it keeps dying. Its an awesome product, I can't live without it. I use this instead of a flat iron for daily touchups...I think your old version was more reliable.
:wallbash: 4 times??????? that's insane. Here I was looking forward to getting a new and improved version but I travel way too much to have my unit spontaneously die on me....I'm going to look on ebay and see if I can find an older version that uses salt like the one I had for purchase.

Thanks to all of you ladies for your input. I definitely appreciate the feedback.:grin:

I didn't even know there were 2 versions. I have the ion one. I"ve only had it since February and I don't use it as often as I like.

I like it, it works really well.

I got the vidal sasson one from target online.The vidal sasson one has a regular steam and ion switch. I noticed the ion switch pushes out more steam only. Not much difference.

Are you happy with this model? Do you feel it gives you comparable results? I wonder if it's possible to use my caruso rollers with the unit? I've got soooo many caruso rollers that i'd just hate to throw them away.

I have the Ion version and I use it everyday! Love it soo much...can't live without it :love2:

Thanks MonCheriSi. May I ask how long your unit has lasted? That seems to be the bone of contention with everyone that I have talked to and all of the reviews I read on Amazon. It seems crazy that so many have had issues with the units working so frequently. IDK but i'm having a difficult time understanding why in this day and age they can't seem to get the longevity of the unit to last like my old just add salt version. Plus I just looked on ebay and it seems that they want just as much for an old version as what it would cost me to buy the newer model. :spinning: It just seems crazy to me.....

^^^ oh and one more thing does the type of water used in the unit have anything to do with the performance? For example, I always used distilled water in my old unit to prevent that nasty gunky build-up in the water reservior. I wonder if that contributed to it's longevity?

Oh and for everyone who had a unit that died, did the unit stop working entirely or did it just stop or gradually decrease it's steam output? Just curious......

BUMPING! I'm about to order my first Caruso set and I am choosing between the following:

1) Caruso 30 Molecular Ion Steam Hairsetter --> http://www.folica.com/tools/hot-rol...0-molecular-ion-steam-hairsetter#tab=overview

2) Caruso SalonPro 30 Molecular Steam Hairsetter --> http://www.folica.com/tools/hot-rol...caruso-salonpro-30-molecular-steam-hairsetter

I have heard that the old models that required salt to be added were more reliable but I prefer not to get that model. From the ones I listed above, is there one that is better or more reliable than the other? I don't understand the difference between the two.

Thanks!

BUMPING! I'm about to order my first Caruso set and I am choosing between the following:

1) Caruso 30 Molecular Ion Steam Hairsetter --> http://www.folica.com/tools/hot-rol...0-molecular-ion-steam-hairsetter#tab=overview

2) Caruso SalonPro 30 Molecular Steam Hairsetter --> http://www.folica.com/tools/hot-rol...caruso-salonpro-30-molecular-steam-hairsetter

I have heard that the old models that required salt to be added were more reliable but I prefer not to get that model. From the ones I listed above, is there one that is better or more reliable than the other? I don't understand the difference between the two.

Thanks!

I have the second one. I've had it for maybe over a year and I use it 3-4 times a month and have had no issues. I love it.

Back