Which is best:Texlaxed or Natural

IMFOCSD

I have not had a relaxer in a couple of months and I was thinking about transitioning to either natural or texlaxed. I don't want bone straight hair any more. I still would like to wear my hair straight, but not bone straight. So which is better for someone who is not ready to completely give up straight styles. Can you achieve straight styles with 100% natural hair? or is natural hair mainly for when you want to wear your natural curly hair?

Thanks Ladies ;)

If I were going to wear straight styles most of the time, I'd relax (or texalax). As a natural, I prefer to wear curly/natural styles 90-95% of the time, so it's better for me to be natural.

I'm texlaxed and I WnG almost exclusively. I texlaxed to elongate my curls. I don't look good with short hair :nono: and I wanted to wear curls.My hair has the added bonus of completely straightening with just a rollerset. :yep:

Cheleigh said:
If I were going to wear straight styles most of the time, I'd relax (or texalax). As a natural, I prefer to wear curly/natural styles 90-95% of the time, so it's better for me to be natural.

I agree with this.

Sareca,Thats cool that you can WnG and wear straight styles, that is exactly what I want to do. Of course I will wear more straight styles than I will WnG. Another question: Do you have to eventually cut of the bone straight ends when hair is being texlaxed like with natural hair?

My hair was natural when I texturized it the first time so I didn't have bone straight ends, but if you wear your hair straight most of the time I won't (less it's damaged).

I have been relaxed and natural and I am currently texlaxed.

I love being texlaxed because it is the best of both worlds. I texlax with 4-B hair so most people think I am natural anyway. It allows me to enjoy my texture:p and it makes it easier for when I wear my hair straight 3-4 times per year.

Texlaxing allows my hair to retain more moisture by loosening the curl pattern and it protects my fine strands from overprocessing. It has thickened up my hair tremendously, and I like to have big hair and texlaxing allows me to wear my hair textured and fluffy soft:D

For me, being texlaxed is better for me. I can still wash in go and wear strait styles if I want. I did it because my natural hair is very thick and curly. It takes alot of product to moiisturize and define the curls. My texlaxed hair does not need alot of product and my curls stay defined all day. My texture still looks natural when it is wet and if I don't brush it, u would never know I was relaxed.:lol:

sareca said:
I'm texlaxed and I WnG almost exclusively. I texlaxed to elongate my curls. I don't look good with short hair :nono: and I wanted to wear curls.My hair has the added bonus of completely straightening with just a rollerset. :yep:

it's like i wrote this :)

Back