Which do you prefer, human or synthetic hair?

Which is better?

• Human

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Synthetic

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Both

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As someone else said I don't feel comfortable with the idea of wearing someone else's hair on my head, plus the ethical issues around human hair puts me off using it. I would never get a weave and the one and only time I had braids I used synthetic hair and that's all I would ever feel comfortable using.

When I wore a weave, I used human. Synthetic did a number on my natural hair and chewed it up badly.

I'm just finding the joys of synthetic for weaves. Braids were always synthetic. It's looks really good. As for my weaves now, my pockets aren't going for human, and synthetic keeps a curl in any weather, needs less upkeep (no daily flat ironing or flexi rodding). Plus I don't want to use more shampoo and conditioner on human hair I'll eventually throw away.

I use human for my weaves..

If I'm doing an updo sometimes I use a synthetic/human blend because it's cheaper! :)

Human. I like synthetic half wigs but they only last for about a week at the best. Not a fan of bss "human" hair either. I like my processed Chinese hair. It lasts me forever and behaves as real hair should (for better or worse at times!). I make my wigs and leave my hair alone. It's really helped me out for the second half of my transition.

Back