Which braids to get?

Which Style of Braids Do You Like for Me?

• Babycurl or Gypsy Twists

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Kinky Twists

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Micros

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Senegalese Twists

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrendySocialite

I plan on getting my hair braided this week. Which style do you like?

Gypsy or Babycurl Twists
senegalesetwists1.png

Senegalese Twists

senegalesetwists2.png

Micros
braid5.jpg

Kinky Twists
braid3.jpg

These are my favorite braids that I had 3 years ago...they were so soft and styling was so versatile!!!!!!

braids3.jpg

braids2.jpg

braids1.jpg

If I do go with micros, they won't be so small. I'd prefer between micros and box braids I think.

Thanks for your opinions!

NOT MICROS!!!

the first ones are cute, i have never heard of those. what kind of hair is it???

my vote goes to senegalese twists.

ITA..The first pic is super cute and not as many people have that style. Howver so is the pic of the braids you had before...

Why not micros? I never had a problem with them...besides, I wouldn't get them that small, but small enough. The senegalese are cute I'm just worried about them slipping because they are going to get wet.

One braider I talked to wanted me to get pixies...I don't like those.

Kahmit Kinks does the gypsy twists, not sure if I can find that hair in the BSS, I know it's online though...but I don't have time to order, so off to the BSS I go.

I like the Senegalese twists as well as the braids that you had three years ago in those last 3 pictures of you.

Why not micros? I never had a problem with them...besides, I wouldn't get them that small, but small enough. The senegalese are cute I'm just worried about them slipping because they are going to get wet.

One braider I talked to wanted me to get pixies...I don't like those.

ITA. I actually have them now, but larger. My pic is in that post your braid pic thread. I used Batik bulk hair, romance curl (cute curly ends).

Oh I got mine braided past my real hair it was the only way they stayed in when my hair was shorter. I don't consider it protective until and unless it's braided past my hair. This would be braided more than my last set, but I think it could still work.

The braider told me not to get human if it was going to get wet because it tangles. I hear different things regarding that...any thoughts?

I always get mine a little bit bigger than micros, because I like the versatility in styling, and i like to braid using human hair, although I plan to try Pro-10 hair with my next set...

Oh I got mine braided past my real hair it was the only way they stayed in when my hair was shorter. I don't consider it protective until and unless it's braided past my hair. This would be braided more than my last set, but I think it could still work.

The braider told me not to get human if it was going to get wet because it tangles. I hear different things regarding that...any thoughts?

I've never had any problems with human hair tangling, wet or dry.

I just came in to say that you are so beautiful. I really like the kinky twists style. I also like the Gypsy style. Shoot, I like every style. I don't really like microbraids because they look weird when you have to braid them down to the ends of the hair.

I hope you know that you are gorgeous.

??? Why not??? when my hair was shorter that was the only way I wanted my micros braided but the person braiding you hair must be skilled enough to hid you ends inside of the braid.

That's the only way I do my hair. In fact, after a while, I can't wear braids if my hair is the same length as the braids.

The hair won't detangle when wet if you're careful with it. Just don't go to the beach with your human hair....it tore my human hair up. :sad:

I always get mine a little bit bigger than micros, because I like the versatility in styling, and i like to braid using human hair, although I plan to try Pro-10 hair with my next set...

What is Pro-10 hair?

BTW, I like the micros; this style is cute:

braid5.jpg

What is Pro-10 hair?

"ABOUT ULTIMA PROTEIN HAIR
Quite simply, there’s never been anything like Ultima Protein Hair or Pro10 Hair!

Ultima Protein Hair made with natural collagen, looks, feels like and has the best qualities of human hair.

Ultima is the only man-made hair you can curl, blow-dry, wash, brush, comb, style and restore without tangling. And, it’s affordable. Pro 10 made with Ultima is currently available in more than 30 colors, in six different hair textures, ranging from straight to curly, with lengths up to 30 inches."

http://www.ultimahair.com/facts/features/

Quite simply, there’s never been anything like Ultima Protein Hair or Pro10 Hair!

Ultima Protein Hair made with natural collagen, looks, feels like and has the best qualities of human hair.

Ultima is the only man-made hair you can curl, blow-dry, wash, brush, comb, style and restore without tangling. And, it’s affordable. Pro 10 made with Ultima is currently available in more than 30 colors, in six different hair textures, ranging from straight to curly, with lengths up to 30 inches."

"ULTIMA PROTEIN HAIR

Organic collagen protein

Pro10 is collagen and human hair is made of keratin, and their molecular structure is very similar

Made by blending colors and textures of Ultima Natural Protein Hair

Soft, silky, available in exceptional lengths in wide range of colors blended for natural highlights

Unique restorability

Water friendly

Can be curled and blow-dried at lower temperatures than human hair or synthetic fibers

Pro10 - the solution to the worldwide increase in cost an decrease in availability of quality human hair

Unlimited length, color and styling possibilities

Non-flammable

Excellent for braiding or twisting. Holds braids without fraying

Less tangling than human hair or synthetic

Very easy to curl"
http://www.ultimahair.com/facts/compare/

http://www.ultimahair.com/facts/easy-care/

Last edited:
I've found that if I'm going to get my hair wet, synthetic hair was the best way to go. Human and the stuff used for kinky twists doesn't seem to hold up well. But, synthetic hair braids are heavier when wet so that can be a problem.

"ULTIMA PROTEIN HAIR

Organic collagen protein

Pro10 is collagen and human hair is made of keratin, and their molecular structure is very similar

Made by blending colors and textures of Ultima Natural Protein Hair

Soft, silky, available in exceptional lengths in wide range of colors blended for natural highlights

Unique restorability

Water friendly

Can be curled and blow-dried at lower temperatures than human hair or synthetic fibers

Pro10 - the solution to the worldwide increase in cost an decrease in availability of quality human hair

Unlimited length, color and styling possibilities

Non-flammable

Excellent for braiding or twisting. Holds braids without fraying

Less tangling than human hair or synthetic

Very easy to curl"
http://www.ultimahair.com/facts/compare/

http://www.ultimahair.com/facts/easy-care/

I saw this hair today in the BSS...you have me sold!

So because I want some length (no point in adding hair if it's my length LOL) I think I'm going with MACRObraids. Yes, I just made this up! They won't be as small as micros usually are.

Thanks for the dialogue, it's helped quite a bit!

I plan on getting my hair braided this week. Which style do you like?

Gypsy or Babycurl Twists
senegalesetwists1.png

Senegalese Twists

senegalesetwists2.png

Micros
braid5.jpg

Kinky Twists
braid3.jpg

These are my favorite braids that I had 3 years ago...they were so soft and styling was so versatile!!!!!!

braids3.jpg

braids2.jpg

braids1.jpg

If I do go with micros, they won't be so small. I'd prefer between micros and box braids I think.

Thanks for your opinions!

What kind of hair is that in the last pic? Which brand? I had deep wavy micros last summer and I absolutely loved them! You're making me want to get some more.

I've found that if I'm going to get my hair wet, synthetic hair was the best way to go. Human and the stuff used for kinky twists doesn't seem to hold up well. But, synthetic hair braids are heavier when wet so that can be a problem.

Thanks! Looking at my cruise pics, I really like those braids and they looked as good the last day as the first. I'm excited!!!!!

I saw this hair today in the BSS...you have me sold!

So because I want some length (no point in adding hair if it's my length LOL) I think I'm going with MACRObraids. Yes, I just made this up! They won't be as small as micros usually are.

Thanks for the dialogue, it's helped quite a bit!

Glad we could help, enjoy your braids and make sure to post pics!:yep:

What kind of hair is that in the last pic? Which brand? I had deep wavy micros last summer and I absolutely loved them! You're making me want to get some more.

I honestly don't remember (which I had kept a hair journal then LOL) I just remember how soft it was. All my cruise pics were the same hair just styled differently. I think I'm going to love these braids too...

I just came in to say that you are so beautiful. I really like the kinky twists style. I also like the Gypsy style. Shoot, I like every style. I don't really like microbraids because they look weird when you have to braid them down to the ends of the hair.

I hope you know that you are gorgeous.

You are soooooooooooooo sweet and observant (LOL) j/k...

You are so kind and what a wonderful boost to my self-confidence!

I like the kinky twist style too...I just don't know if I can pull it off...never had it before. Plus I want it long enough to wear some buns and put some flowers in my hair while i'm on vacay.

Once again, thank you for the compliments....the check is in the mail! LOL

Oh, ok, I've used this hair before. I really liked it.

I wonder what hair the girl with the micros are using.

Back