Whey powdered and/or Soy Protein???

HairFanatic01

I have been debating on whether I should follow the advice given from www.growafrohairlong.com or not. If you drink whey powdered shakes or soy protein... how much protein do you receive, what are some good brands and is their an increase in growth???? And which one from the two do you prefer??
PLZZZZZ HELP ME OUT.....
thanx....

OK, I'll help get you started. I buy Precision Engineered whey protein powder from Vitamin World and mix 3 tablespoons with thick Tropicana orange strawberry juice daily. I think there are natural, strawberry, and chocolate flavors. The natural flavor I use doesn't change the juice's taste, but does thinken the consistency.

I'm a vegetarian, so I need all the extra protein I can get. I don't think protein powder will boost growth rate like biotin or MSM, but protein deficient people can't grow strong hair and nails. So it's for general health. I haven't noticed a big growth spurt, and I've got the same fine hair and thick nails as I did before I started. I've been at it for only a month.

I used to drink soy protein and switched to whey, however I cannot recall the specific reason as to why. I read somewhere that whey is better for women, so I changed. I usually make two shakes per day, 25mg a piece because I read that we can only absorb so much protein at once. I drink Optimum Pro Complex, I used to use Soy from Trader Joes and I have not noticed an increase in growth (or anything else for that matter) from either product. Honestly though, I usually do not see any changes from any of my supplements. As far as preference, neither taste good unless you add stuff you like to them to disguise the protein. If you do go with the Optimum Pro, stay away from the Strawberry flavor
barf.gif
! The vanilla is the best for adding things to taste better.

HTH

i use Protoplex Lite whey protein from Vitamin World. each packet has 25g of protein. i love this stuff! i don't think it has increased my growth rate, but i drink it for overall health because i'm not a big meat eater...

OK.......... THANX YOU GUYS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!!
Hmmmm I guess I'll try the whey for now. Thanx you guys....
I'll post my results.... thats if I get ANY!

hairfanatic i used to drink the soya one until i discovered that it was being linked to cancer patients, so its probably betetr for u to be takin whey coz as yet it aint been linked with any diseses

Most soy tastes BAD!!!
shocked.gif
Whey has a lighter consistency. There have been studies that say soy protein encourages hair growth. I take a soy protein shake called Spirutein. It comes in lots of flavors and they don't taste that bad at all. Each shake combined with soy milk provides 21 grams of protein.

Back