WHEW!!!

Irresistible

ok ,after that whole Aveda incident, i was just babying my hair and putting lots of Avacodo and Shea buttte on it.....well i finally did a conditioner wash, and i went to wet my hair and it stayed straight, no water in the world was changing that....i was thinking...great now i went and did it, now im'a be crying and posting on the hair board about it, you know?---become the role model of why not to press or use Aveda---it was all flashing before my eyes, like oh God , now i gotta take pics of my permenantly damaged hair and share my experience, and join the ranks of taking status pics after some huge cut...lawd , the tears started, the kickin myself in the ass..why the hell did i do this? ...so i put conditioner in and left it in for a while....Motions silk protien, just what i grabbed...also in case ya'll aint know this is one conditioner that you can leave in and noone will know its conditioner, its shiny , not dull, beautiful!!!! BUT it has protien....so i never leave it in after my hair having gotten a little rough and hard with it before...well i left this in all day despite knowing that...duh....what am i a glutton for punishment or somethin? dang....ANYWAY...i went and rinsed it out (my hair is in no shape for shampoo and i can tell) and Glory Glory , Praise him!! cause all of my waves, curls and frizz hath returned in all its glory all over my big ole head....whew what a site that was for my eyes..its a little , just a tiny bit rough/dry from that protien and leaving it in that long....but im working on that now...but i have to ask myself this....how long will i play with fire and not get burned?....was this a lesson?...omg i would die (or feel like it) if i actually had to start all over due to damage...*lookin at the pressing comb as a sudden enemy*.....im so thankfull what i thought was about to happen didnt....so thankfull!!

Irresistible,

I would be worried about the same thing. Have you considered using a flat iron instead of a pressing comb? I somehow think that's less damaging....

As far as the straightness goes, the few times that I've had my hair straightened...that first wash, my hair always seems to be a LOT looser than it typically is. Usually by the second wash, it's back to normal. Mayb it happened quicker b/c you left your hair wet longer?

Also, I know that the last time I went to the salon (for my cut in december), my stylist damaged a tiny section of my hair right in the front. It is wavy/curly for 2 inches or so and then it's straight for about 4 inches and then it's curly again. I am definitely afraid of heat on my natural hair but I KNOW he used really high heat to straighten my hair.

Ok, before I get so longwinded...I'm glad your curls came back. But, I guess my only suggestion is to try using a flatiron instead and make sure the heat is not TOO high. I KNOW straightening natural hair can work b/c my mom and sister do it every two weeks with no damage whatsoever! I guess you just need to right methods. Just be careful!

I'm glad your hair isn't damaged because you have very nice hair and I would hate to see you "lose" it by having to cut it. What did you think was the culprit [even though your hair isn't damaged but what gave you the idea that it might be]? Was it the pressing comb/pressing or was it pressing/Aveda? I remember reading about your Aveda incident.

I was getting scared when i was reading...I'm so glad you're hair is okay cause it's so beautiful! Geez don't scare me again like that...

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Irresistible,

I would be worried about the same thing. Have you considered using a flat iron instead of a pressing comb? I somehow think that's less damaging....

As far as the straightness goes, the few times that I've had my hair straightened...that first wash, my hair always seems to be a LOT looser than it typically is. Usually by the second wash, it's back to normal. Mayb it happened quicker b/c you left your hair wet longer?

Also, I know that the last time I went to the salon (for my cut in december), my stylist damaged a tiny section of my hair right in the front. It is wavy/curly for 2 inches or so and then it's straight for about 4 inches and then it's curly again. I am definitely afraid of heat on my natural hair but I KNOW he used really high heat to straighten my hair.

Ok, before I get so longwinded...I'm glad your curls came back. But, I guess my only suggestion is to try using a flatiron instead and make sure the heat is not TOO high. I KNOW straightening natural hair can work b/c my mom and sister do it every two weeks with no damage whatsoever! I guess you just need to right methods. Just be careful!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hairlove, ive never used a flat iron, it seems like the pressing comb gives you more control , or maybe thats what i percieve because its all i know. i would be willing to try it though. but this time was scarey. i believe what you said about it being possible to straighten without damage. i just wonder which time might be the time i dont escape without damage...its scarey

[ QUOTE ]
Natori24 said:
I'm glad your hair isn't damaged because you have very nice hair and I would hate to see you "lose" it by having to cut it. What did you think was the culprit [even though your hair isn't damaged but what gave you the idea that it might be]? Was it the pressing comb/pressing or was it pressing/Aveda? I remember reading about your Aveda incident.

[/ QUOTE ]

this time was more scarey because the Aveda styling creme and anti humecant made my hair harder to press, so i used way more heat than i usually would and also it reverted so quickly that i pressed it more (dumb) plus my hair just really felt like crap all the way around, i didnt know what to expect...im just so glad it didnt stay straight, cause it was looking like that might happen.

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Irresistible,

How did you like Aveda Elixir?

[/ QUOTE ]

girl i havent used it yet, i will be using it when i finish this conditioning process to get my hair back to normal.... and you know i will let you know, i plan on doing a braid out with the elixir, humectant pomade and the emolliant....you think that will work? or should i use some setting lotion, and/or something thicker/heavier?

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
I was getting scared when i was reading...I'm so glad you're hair is okay cause it's so beautiful! Geez don't scare me again like that...

[/ QUOTE ]
lol girl thank you, i was scurred though for real..sorry, just had to tell it like it happened..didnt mean to scare ya

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Irresistible,

[/ QUOTE ]

girl i havent used it yet, i will be using it when i finish this conditioning process to get my hair back to normal.... and you know i will let you know, i plan on doing a braid out with the elixir, humectant pomade and the emolliant....you think that will work? or should i use some setting lotion, and/or something thicker/heavier?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably add something heavier for the braidout but you never know so maybe just try what you have planned and see how it turns out. Can't wait to see pics!

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
Hairlove, ive never used a flat iron, it seems like the pressing comb gives you more control , or maybe thats what i percieve because its all i know. i would be willing to try it though. but this time was scarey. i believe what you said about it being possible to straighten without damage. i just wonder which time might be the time i dont escape without damage...its scarey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know what you mean. This is that same scary feeling that I used to get everytime I'd go to get my hair relaxed. I think once you find a method that works and your hair always comes back to its normal state - stick to that method (and products) and then hopefully, you won't have to worry as much. (I need to follow my own advice, too!)

"Whew!" is right. I felt like I ws reading a suspense novel.
laugh.gif
I'm glad everything turned out okay.

ok the cure to the anti humectant....is the
humectant...whew...once i rinsed the other conditioner out, my
hair still felt so parched and terrible, still worse than ever as far
as dryness....once i put the humectant on it it was like saying
ahhhhhh...makes sense, it needed the opposite of what messed
it up. its still wet and in braids , we shall see when it dries how it
feels...man this is also a lesson in just going and trying new
products just because....hopefully Aveda will redeem itself with we with
the humectant.

i used the Elixir first....this took it to the first level of softness, but not enough...mind you my hair was extrememly parched though.
then when i used the humectant....it took it straight to like level ten in softness..whew it was a relief. then the emolliant just made it perfect.

this is on wet hair so far, we shall see when it dries...but ive always hated the way glycerine and any humectant has felt , that sticky feeling..this isnt as bad as some products..but its there, but ioncare im just happy to have my hair back to its softness

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know what you mean. This is that same scary feeling that I used to get everytime I'd go to get my hair relaxed. I think once you find a method that works and your hair always comes back to its normal state - stick to that method (and products) and then hopefully, you won't have to worry as much. (I need to follow my own advice, too!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree hairlove...all this tryin new stuff is for the birds..i never had this problem before...but it does have me thinking , my hair could/would be in better shape if i cut out the pressing...its sucks though cause of course i want to be able to wear my hair down and straight sometimes...but i think im'a definitley chill on the pressing for a minute though

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
You have me thinking twice about using a pressing comb!

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh girl i dont wanna scare you, this was just scarey for me, but i think it was the Aveda that made it worse..i never had this problem before

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Irresistible,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably add something heavier for the braidout but you never know so maybe just try what you have planned and see how it turns out. Can't wait to see pics!

[/ QUOTE ]

well girl i have it all in there now, and in braids with curlers on the ends...we shall see...ive never done a good braid out though
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
"Whew!" is right. I felt like I ws reading a suspense novel.
laugh.gif
I'm glad everything turned out okay.

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
whew me too girl..its still recovering though..ive never seen my hair so parched before...but the humectant helped alot immediately , at least so far on wet hair..it felt immediately better
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
ok...i was even freakin out...thank god ur hair is fine!

[/ QUOTE ]
smile.gif
you know im thanking him ALOT!!

Back