Where to find "Petite" wedding dresses???

Natasha009

I'm on the wedding dress search, and it seems all the dresses are made for tall people, or bigger people (no offense to anyone, I just mean bigger than me!). I'm 5'2 and 107lbs, and all the dresses I like my sister says "you'll look like a midget!" Anyone else have this problem and have any ideas of websites or stores with wedding dresses for us smaller girls? The only place I've found was David's bridal, but they don't have a wide selection, and I'm not really interested in spending a small fortune to have a dress made. Thanks!

I am 5'0 and 108lbs and at the time of my wedding I was about 100lbs. I wore a Demetrios dress. Wedding dresses run small in general I believe. So you may see a dress is a size 6 but its not a regular size 6. I had to get a size 4 for my dress and then took it to a seamstress who took it in. And I think dresses are made in standard length, again you can have a seamstress fix this.

Yes, I'd like to know too! :D

I'm already figuring that I'll need to see a seamstress for some shortening and taking-in! I love Demetrios' designs, btw!

I never heard of Demetrios but looking at the website now and all I can say is OH MY GOODNESS, what beautiful dresses! Thanks Spelmanlocks!

Back