Where to buy henna in NYC

simsim1980 said:
I'm trying to find a place in NYC to buy henna, any tips would be helpful
Anywhere there is a high pakistani or indian population. There are a few neighborhoods in Queens, but I'm not familiar with them/

In Brooklyn, there a quite a few places on Coney Island Ave between Foster and Cortelyou.

I don't know about Manhattan.

zora said:
Anywhere there is a high pakistani or indian population. There are a few neighborhoods in Queens, but I'm not familiar with them/

In Brooklyn, there a quite a few places on Coney Island Ave between Foster and Cortelyou.

I don't know about Manhattan.
THIS IS WHERE I PURCHASE MINE AS WELL, OVER ON CONEY ISLAND AVE. I ORDER MY INDIGO ONLINE THOUGH

Kalyustans (123 Lexington between 28th & 29th Sts)[/COLOR] or 28th bet. Lex and Park called Butala Emporium. Any Indian store in this area should have henna. [/B]

Last edited:
My girlfriend who is Pakistani picks it up from me when she goes home to NJ. But in NY she recommended Coney Island and also she said there is some Indian neighborhood in Queens that has it in all the grocery stores. I gotta find out the name of the area.

But despite this.......... I still order it online from MehandiArt.com. I dont feel like going out on no wild good hunt for Henna in Coney Island. Easier to just click the mouse, wait a week, and then go check my mail. :lol: Im willing to pay the S/H costs just for the ease of this.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Kalyustans (123 Lexington between 28th & 29th Sts)[/COLOR] or 28th bet. Lex and Park called Butala Emporium. Any Indian store in this area should have henna. [/b]

Ditto. They have vatika oil and amla and everything.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Kalyustans (123 Lexington between 28th & 29th Sts)[/COLOR] or 28th bet. Lex and Park called Butala Emporium. Any Indian store in this area should have henna. [/b]

I when to Kalyustans yesterday, they have henna and all of the indian oils mention on this board.

KiniKakes said:
But in NY she recommended Coney Island and also she said there is some Indian neighborhood in Queens that has it in all the grocery stores. I gotta find out the name of the area.
She is probably talking about Jackson Heights there is a huge indian population there

Back