Where the MEN at??

itismehmmkay-

I feel ya! I rarely see a man my age who is decent looking. And when I do see one, he is married or has a girlfriend. I even volunteer and don't see any decent guys. They are usually younger with their pants hanging off their butts. :nono:

I have an SO, but I went to the Spades tournament off of meetup.com about two weeks ago and there were quite a few single dudes there that seemed to have it together. I had never thought about it before, but something like that if you can find it in your area might be a good place to meet a guy.

Friends are a great resource.

Now that it's football season, go to a football party and take your pick.

girl i feel u....

i really couldnt tell u where to go i used to wonder the same things...then i just dont even worry about it...

thru friends:
go to birthday parties
football game parties
basketball game parties
nice lounges(not CLUBS or BARS)
bowling allies
online(im talking to a guy and going out on dates with one i met on Blackpeoplemeet.com, he's okay so far, but im just going to go with the flow until maybe someone else i can relate to comes along---thats a whole entire different thread to even get into the reason LOL)
get togethers at friends house

Banks
grocery store
shoe stores
popcorn stands
department stores
resturants

These are a few of the places I meet people.

-I met my ex-fiance at a grocery store (maybe that's not a good idea:look:)
-one guy I dated for a minute...met while looking for a new car.
-met a very nice guy thru a friend...last Monday night (hope things kick off, he's a cutie and intelligent
-at work... dated a guy who works in finance at my job
-dated a guy I met on-line for about 6months
-Church
-social events (games, here we have lots of jazz concerts in the park, etc.)
-gym
-nice lounges
As I am typing I am thinking huh maybe I need to get out and meet more people...cause I have been working too much. I don't have a BF just keep meeting these guys that ain't working out:ohwell:

But really I believe you will meet someone when you least expect it!!:spinning:

Although I'm married...a good place to meet guys are at Home Depot, football or basketball games and of course if you see someone you are interested in just start a conversation...be friendly...don't wait on the guys...I found out that guys like it when we approach them...:yep:

I always think it is easier to meet a man when you are by YOURSELF versus with a group of girlfriends! :nono: A man will rarely approach a pack of women to talk to you......start going places alone or with one confident friend who will not cling to your side.

Expand your circle - interests, hobbies, and places....and the men will seem to appear that share your interests.

For example shake up your daily routine,--go to a different supermarket, gym, starbucks, or try a differnt route or even different time for lunch!

Start by just smiling and saying quick HI - most men will start talking when they realize that you are friendly!:grin:

I always think it is easier to meet a man when you are by YOURSELF versus with a group of girlfriends! :nono: A man will rarely approach a pack of women to talk to you......start going places alone or with one confident friend who will not cling to your side.

Expand your circle - interests, hobbies, and places....and the men will seem to appear that share your interests.

For example shake up your daily routine,--go to a different supermarket, gym, starbucks, or try a differnt route or even different time for lunch!

Start by just smiling and saying quick HI - most men will start talking when they realize that you are friendly!:grin:

ITA...thts why certain circumstances i go places by myself....

:up: I like.

And I think it's a matter of me just getting out a bit more. Alot has gone down in 2007, and I'm finally a bit settled :yep:

You could try bowling alleys, pool halls, Dave and Busters(I was there this weekend with my SO, and there were lots of nice looking men in the building). Jazz clubs are great too!

Whoever said Home Depot or Lowe's was right! And at least you know he has a house too!:grin: And keep asking them how to use stuff. "What's this screwdriver for?, what's a 2X4?" etc.

-I like to peruse Barnes & Nobles and Borders bookstores to see nice black men reading. Not just the magazine section. It is rare, trust me. But when u find one it's good and at least u know they can read.

-Grocery store, accidently on purpose bump your cart into his.

-Start shopping online more. Cause those delivery guys from FedEx, UPS, etc. HOT!

-Men's stores. Brooks Brothers, Foot Locker, etc. Ask them for help in finding your imaginary brother something for xmas.

Agree with this entire post! :up:

...totally agree with your post...a male friend told me that men like a confident woman and it's easier for a man to approach a confident,friendly woman. You can meet quite a few guys with a simple smile and an engaging conversation...you are so right about meeting a man when you are alone...one guy I dated for awhile we actually met a year prior to us dating and I asked why didn't he ask me out (he only flirted alittle) and he was like um you were with your girlfriends at that particular time...so of course he didn't want to be rejected in front of my girlfriends...:rolleyes:

Back