Where the hell did these edges come from?!?!

MrsMelodyV

I started my hhj 3 months ago. I keep seeing things on the Web making fun of folks for not having any edges. I just shrugged it off thinking, my hairline looks fine. I wonder who they're taking about.

Today I'm wondering why my edges look so bad this stretch. I looked at an old photo and realized I have hair growing where it hasn't been in a while!!!! Talk about shame! Just another dang reason I shoulda started this journey sooner. Vent over. I had to share cause only y'all would understand this. :-)

I started my hhj 3 months ago. I keep seeing things on the Web making fun of folks for not having any edges. I just shrugged it off thinking, my hairline looks fine. I wonder who they're taking about.

Today I'm wondering why my edges look so bad this stretch. I looked at an old photo and realized I have hair growing where it hasn't been in a while!!!! Talk about shame! Just another dang reason I shoulda started this journey sooner. Vent over. I had to share cause only y'all would understand this. :-)
MrsMelodyV Welcome to LHCF. You're going to love it here.

I know you're probably wondering why so many views and no responses, but I'm confused by your post and probably need some clarification. Are you saying you don't want full edges? What makes your edges look bad? What's the shame?

No shame at all! I've been rocking a twist out almost exclusively. It blend well. I guess I'm saying I actually stared for a bit and realized I wasn't hallucinating. There's new hair. And it makes me wonder how I never noticed hair wasn't there before!

I think she is saying she thought her edges were fine before she started her HHJ, but has since grown new edges which means her edges were not as fine as she previously thought. I think the 'vent' part is tongue-in-cheek.

OP: I can relate. I thought I had all my edges, but started growing new edges once I went natural and started taking active care of my hair.

ETA: OP you addressed the question while I was typing.

Welcome to the board Melody! I completely understand because I'm sprouting new hair along my edges too. :lol: Join us in the health crown and edges challenge if you need some encouragement during your stretch.

Welcome!!!

I thought my nape hair didn't grow more than a few inches long. Then I stopped relaxing my hair and started to take better care of it. Only took me a few months to find out that my nape hair does grow long. I just wasn't taking good care of that area.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Girl teach me to grow my widows peak. When I was younger my widows peak wasnt long enough to fit in my ponytail so I cut it :( it never grew again. Most women call a widows peak ugly so I want it grow it back to see if I can style it and make it cute.

Back