Where did the shine go?

syze6

Whenever I get my hair done it is so shiny and silky and my hair looks so black. My stylist used to work in Ossama's but he owns his own shop. The shine in my hair is unbelievable when he's done. I washed my hair and blowdried and flat ironed and the shine is gone! :-) I can never dulicate that shine when I do it myself. I play this game where I sit on the train and observe different women's hair. Most of the time I can spot the women who frequent the Domican shops and those who have other stylist. The shine on the hair is totally different. I could just be crazy but there is such a difference. Where does the shine go? :-)

I learned from Sistaslick that the flatter your cuticles are, the more light is reflected off the hair strands, therefore the more shine you're prone to have. (I know she can explain it better than that). I posted a thread about this, and I'll try to find it and bump it for you. A lot of heat can make the cuticles lay down. Of course it's not good to use too much heat too frequently, but I know why it's so addicting! I can duplicate the shine when I set my Maxiglide on level 8 after I henna :look:

When I went to the eqyptians (years ago), they used A LOT of heat. So, maybe that's it. Even when I use heat at home, I would never use as much heat as they use. It creates that temporary shine, that cannot be sustained.

Co-signing... My hair shines like crazy when it's subjected to lots of heat. When I airdry and use my pitiful 250 - 300 degree flatiron at home, it's not so shiny.

It might be the products you use. The less product I use the more shine I have. Plus I highly recommend upgrading your heat appliances to tools with ceramic/ionic properties.

Back