Where can I get hair accessories at a low price?

Kinkyhairlady

I was looking through Kimmaytube site and she has lovely hair accessories but they are so darn pricey. I really do not want to pay more then $10 for something I am going to wear on my hair. Some of her pieces are $20 and up and that is too much. I am looking for a site that offers similiar pieces at a lower price. Please post. Thanks

Here are the pieces, they are lovely though.

LUV Naturals — Headbands, Soft

Make your own, buy purchasing items at hobby stores, ie Michael's, Joanne's, Hobby Lobby. I have found funky hair accessories at truck stops on the turnpike, dollar stores, etc. Stop outside of the box. I have purchased mostly all of my hairwraps at thrift stores, they were either shirts or skirts and I cut them and made hairwraps and headbands. Get creative.

^^^I make my own also w/fabric. I find lovely scarves at the Goodwill and I cut up old clothes sometimes too. Dollar Tree also has really cute stuff sometimes. You can take a cheapie headband and add your own fabric or flower etc... to it. Sometimes they have nice goody brand headbands at my local dollar store.

My issue is that I am not really creative:( I tend to take the easy way out but don't want to spend a lot of money. Do you all think Kimmaytube makes these or she buys them from a distributer?

Beauty Supply Store in the hood, Wal-Mart, Target, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Marshall's, Jc Penny, Kohl's, Tj Maxx, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Charlotte Rouse, Claire's, Bed Bath and Beyond, H&M, Up Against the Wall, Big Lots, CVS, Rite Aid, Kroger's, Walgreen's, American Apparel, etsy and ebay.

She buys them from a distributor. She does not make those goody barrettes lol. :nono:

Last edited:
EBAY is the TRUTH. I search "hair jewelry". You will find some lovely things. I paid one cent and about $5 shipping for an accessory from China. You will have to wait 3 weeks for them to ship it but it is so worth it. There are also some really nice hair sticks and headbands on ebay as well that you don't even have to bid on. many have the "buy now" option.

I usually buy from the sale bins of random mall shops and local flea markets. You get get a lot for your money :)

Thanks ladies, I will check out the sites and ebay. I have seen some at H&M but I was not feeling them. Hopefully I can get a lot of various pieces.

Claire's and icing have cute stuff, if you can get over the pre teen vibe inside the store. I always feel really old walking in there lol.

Last edited:
Ditto on the Dollar stores. I found some FANTASTIC ouchless headbands, ponytail holders, and puff elastics there. Check Big Lots as well. :yep:

claires, icing, dollar store, dollar general, dollar tree, burke's, tjmaxx, ross, wet seal, charlotte russe, body central. generally any store that has really cheap accessories will have cheap hair stuff too. also amazon or ebay, etsy may be a bit more. ♥

Sometimes K-Mart stores will have a bag of hair accessories for $2.99. Also check Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, and random dollar stores.

I have a bit head and lots of thick hair, that is why traditional hair accessories don't work. When my mom moved from her house into a condo, she gave me a huge bag of broaches (sp) and I add them to my headwraps and headbands. Everything I wear in my hair is and on my head is unique. I love that.

Back