Where can I get Bhringraj Oil?

IWantBSl09

For the ladies that use Bhringraj oil, I would like to know where do ya get it from? And have ya noticed any results from using it? Thanks in advance!:grin::grin:

I bought a bottle just yesterday at Kalustan's on Lexington Ave between 28/29th.

It smells like cinnamon.
Good luck!

I use this oil! The problem is, I'm doing so many different things for my hair that I don't know if I can attribute any improvements to this oil. I have had a good amout of growth and a significant change in the health of my hair, but I'm taking vitamins, baggying, using indian powders, etc.
I use this oil for hot oil scalp massages.

I found some mineral oil free bhringraj oil on www.garrysun.com. You can also find maha-bhringraj oil on www.fromnaturewithlove.com. I love the way this oil feels on my scalp. It really does cool the scalp and I like how my hair responds to ayurveda oils on the whole as I have quite a few that I use as well. This oil actually goes with my dosha and I find it to be a very pleasant oil for my scalp and it makes my hair feel so soft too.

I found some mineral oil free bhringraj oil on www.garrysun.com. You can also find maha-bhringraj oil on www.fromnaturewithlove.com. I love the way this oil feels on my scalp. It really does cool the scalp and I like how my hair responds to ayurveda oils on the whole as I have quite a few that I use as well. This oil actually goes with my dosha and I find it to be a very pleasant oil for my scalp and it makes my hair feel so soft too.

Ooo I was thinking of buying some from them earlier but wasn't sure of their brand. I am glad you chimed in and told me about their site, so now I know from next time. I bought mine from myfasthairgrowth, but I bought this before you mentioned garrysun.com. Fromnaturewithlove is sold out

I love these Indian Oils also. Have you tried the Vatika conditioning shampoo? OMG! It's heavenly and goes hand in hand with the Indian Oils and it's make your hair feels strong. I know you have a bunch of products right now and I don't want to invite more products into your life. I'm just saying:rolleyes:

I love these Indian Oils also. Have you tried the Vatika conditioning shampoo? OMG! It's heavenly and goes hand in hand with the Indian Oils and it's make your hair feels strong. I know you have a bunch of products right now and I don't want to invite more products into your life. I'm just saying:rolleyes:

No I haven't tried it and you're right, I really shouldn't be adding anything to my stash right now:nono: even though it's tempting:grin:.

I bought Bhringraf and Majabhringraf oil at my local Indian Store.
The lady in the indian store had the Sandhu Bhringraf oil behind the counter and the price was $20 bucks 8floz.
The Majabhringraf oil was on the shelf with the Alma,Vatika etc for $4 buck.
I ask what was the difference and she said the Majabringraf oil was more coconut based and better to use for my hair type.
I asked if she was trying to keep the good stuff hidden and decided to buy both to compare.
The expensive oil has no harsh chemicals,additives and hardening agents and artifical ingredients,and was much lighter and not as greasy as the Majabringraf oil.
I use it to seal,and baggy method and it absorbed better in my hair ,hair was not oily after taking off plastic bag when dryed.
I am on my second bottle and will only buy the Sandhu brand, bought the conditioner to try soon.

What is the difference between Bhringraj and Majabhringraj oil?
HTH: This Ayurvedic Mahabhringraj Oil is specially formulated for daily self-massage on the scalp. It helps to prevent premature graying and hair loss. It also promotes healthy hair growth and sound sleep, as it cools your head and calms your mind.

This traditional Ayurvedic oil formula is soothing and invigorating to the sense organs and is appropriate for all doshas. Simply apply to your scalp and soles on a regular basis before bedtime.

Maha means 'great'. Due to its ingredients, Mahabhringraj Oil is more potent and calming than regular Bhringraj Oil.

Ingredients: Eclipta alba, Rubia cordifolia, Red Sandalwood, Sida cordifolia, Curcuma longa, Mesua ferrea, Sesame oil (Bhringraj, manjith, Padmaksh, Sandalwood, Kharenti, Naagkeshar, Daruhaldi, Sariva).

Ayurvedic Bhringaraj Oil:

A tridoshic oil traditionally used to encourage healthy hair growth and better sleep. Bhringaraj oil is an excellent choice for massaging the scalp and feet before bedtime. It cools the head and calms the mind.

Ingredients: Organic Bhringaraj (Eclipta alba), Organic Sesame oil.

got this from http://ayurvedayogashop.com/ayurvedic-mahabhringraj-oil-p-505.html

I bought Bhringraf and Majabhringraf oil at my local Indian Store.
The lady in the indian store had the Sandhu Bhringraf oil behind the counter and the price was $20 bucks 8floz.
The Majabhringraf oil was on the shelf with the Alma,Vatika etc for $4 buck.
I ask what was the difference and she said the Majabringraf oil was more coconut based and better to use for my hair type.
I asked if she was trying to keep the good stuff hidden and decided to buy both to compare.
The expensive oil has no harsh chemicals,additives and hardening agents and artifical ingredients,and was much lighter and not as greasy as the Majabringraf oil.
I use it to seal,and baggy method and it absorbed better in my hair ,hair was not oily after taking off plastic bag when dryed.
I am on my second bottle and will only buy the Sandhu brand, bought the conditioner to try soon.

Here are the ingredients for the Sandu oil : Main Ingredients: Sesamum Indicum, Prunus, Puddum, Symplocos, Recemosa, Ptrocarpus Santalinus Linn, Sida, Cordifolia, Curcuma Longa, Berberis Species, Camphor, Mesua Ferrea, Callicarpa Macro, Glycyrrihza Glabrra, Nelumbium Speciousm, Ichnocarpus Indicus, Light liquid Paraffine & Coconut Oil. Free from harsh chemicals, additives & hardening agents. No animal ingredients.

Looks like it has mineral oil. It also has a higher concentration of sesame oil rather than coconut. :look:

Both of the oils, Mahabringraj and Bhringraj are very good oils, to combined with scalp massages, because these oils need to penetrate the scalp to be the most effective.

Bhringraj oil has a distinctive smell so I normally lightly massage the oil into my hair as I would an essential oil mix, for a few minutes. Sleep on it then wash it out in the morning.

Good Luck

Back