Where are the 4a/b/c hair successes?

I'm a 4a natural (I think? :look:) but I had locks for 7 years and just chopped them off in '06. I WISH I had known how to comb them out myself because that definitely would have been the route I took. I have been natural for years but I always wore my natural hair short before I locked. Now, I am on the loose natural hair journey. I it was past BSL with locks so I know, if I do it right, it can get there again!

Check out the pics in my LHCF album...they're not in order but they are labeled with dates...

Welcome to LHCF, your locks are beautiful! I'm a 4a, and my story is very similar, I did not know anything about taking care of my hair. I have learned sooo much here; I was able to transistion, BC, and learn the basic techniques that have allowed me to grow and retain most of my length doing my own hair. I haven't documented as well as some of my inspirations (zziriving, Rabs77, Sochic), but I am very happy with my progress, and with all the helpful ladies here you are well on your way to reaching your goals.

Back