WHERE ARE ALL MY SPEEDY GROWTH TRANSITIONERS??/

Nanyanika

I missed you all, over the past month.. how is everyone progressing? has anyone fallen off the bandwagon? does anyone have any new pics to share. the current pics of my newgrowth are in my signature.

Hi Den1,

I love your hair and thanks for the password. I am a new transitioner, I'm at my 16th week post relaxer this coming Sunday. I am very excited and anxious to see my natural hair. It's people like you that inspire me and keep me motivated. Now, if I could only learn how to flexi-rod like lovelymissyoli my transition would be a lot smoother.

checking in ... not getting the growth that I wanted... but haven't really had time to take my vits and eat lots of protein...like I wanted to :( .

Maybe by next check-in

I'm glad you are back. I just got a perm today. I couldn't take it anymore but it's good for me because I can care for my hair myself when it's permed. When it's natural I have to let someone else take care of it much to the detriment of my hair. So welcome back and I'll holla!!!! ps. your hair is great girl I just got my mtg today and I'm going to order my conditioner and condition wash forever. I was trying to wait to start using it but my hairline is smooth as a baby's a$$ so I think I'll start using it first thing tommorrow morning! again I'll holla!

I haven't gotten the growth that I expected to be 7 weeks post....maybe because I stare at it all day and play with it...lol. I am not taking any vitamins or using any special products....just using what I got....Den1 your hair is beautiful!

Speedy? Hmmmm let me get back to you on that one! LOL Im at about 3 inches and around 6 months... It like watchign water boil. Ive been transitioning since MAY 16.....

MzTami said:
Hi Den1,

I love your hair and thanks for the password. I am a new transitioner, I'm at my 16th week post relaxer this coming Sunday. I am very excited and anxious to see my natural hair. It's people like you that inspire me and keep me motivated. Now, if I could only learn how to flexi-rod like lovelymissyoli my transition would be a lot smoother.
Great your a new transitioner, your going to have a lot of fun on this journey, you have all right to be excited. how much growth do you think you've got at 16wks post? stay motivated and try out diffrent styles, i'm terrible at styling i usually do very boring stuff lol. good luck

prettyblac said:
I'm glad you are back. I just got a perm today. I couldn't take it anymore but it's good for me because I can care for my hair myself when it's permed. When it's natural I have to let someone else take care of it much to the detriment of my hair. So welcome back and I'll holla!!!! ps. your hair is great girl I just got my mtg today and I'm going to order my conditioner and condition wash forever. I was trying to wait to start using it but my hairline is smooth as a baby's a$$ so I think I'll start using it first thing tommorrow morning! again I'll holla!
congrats on the perm, you have to choose what's best for you. Maybe could go you natural later. Hopefully you'll like the MTG, i got a lot of growth from it, happy growing

ThursdayGirl: Be encourged, don't give up.
shellzfoshizzle: stop staring at your hair...leave it alone or you'll drive youself crazy lol. keep to your regime and your hair will surprise you.
beyondcute: Don't put your hair down, 3 inches in six months is good!!!

I agree, 3 inches in 6 months is good.

I am 4 months post (17 weeks to be exact). I was having a hard time keeping my hair in a ponytail but now I am wearing wash and gos daily so I feel I can keep going on.

Since relaxing again is not an option for me I was thinking chop chop chop but now I dont have too :D . I started using MTG in Sept regularly and I do believe I have additional growth but not sure how much..it is growing nicely now.

I do need a trim but not sure who to go to now. I may wait until December.

Den how often are you trimming your hair?
How many weeks/months post relaxer?

HHG

den1 said:
Great your a new transitioner, your going to have a lot of fun on this journey, you have all right to be excited. how much growth do you think you've got at 16wks post? stay motivated and try out diffrent styles, i'm terrible at styling i usually do very boring stuff lol. good luck

Den1,

I estimated 1.75-2.25, but I was looking at my new growth this morning and I think it may be a little bit more. My hubby says it's a lot, but of course different areas have more.

I am really worried about the texture, my nape is really wavy like 2b, but then my crown and temple look like 4a. My hubby says the waves in the back or looser and the crown is a tighter wave, but not coily. I need some type of wave or curl because I am styled challenged and I just want to wash n go! I took some new pictures, I will post them today when I get home.

At how many weeks did you see a spurt of new growth? How many weeks were you really able to see the true texture of your natural hair? Some people say at 6 months post.

lkg4healthyhair said:
I agree, 3 inches in 6 months is good.

I am 4 months post (17 weeks to be exact). I was having a hard time keeping my hair in a ponytail but now I am wearing wash and gos daily so I feel I can keep going on.

Since relaxing again is not an option for me I was thinking chop chop chop but now I dont have too :D . I started using MTG in Sept regularly and I do believe I have additional growth but not sure how much..it is growing nicely now.

I do need a trim but not sure who to go to now. I may wait until December.

Den how often are you trimming your hair?
How many weeks/months post relaxer?

HHG
Glad your having success with MTG, I cut four inches off my hair in August, i don't plan having a trim or cut again, maybe a little dusting here and there to neaten the ends, i stopped relaxing the End of last November. You seem to be doing great, keep up the wonderful work.

MzTami said:
Den1,

I estimated 1.75-2.25, but I was looking at my new growth this morning and I think it may be a little bit more. My hubby says it's a lot, but of course different areas have more.

I am really worried about the texture, my nape is really wavy like 2b, but then my crown and temple look like 4a. My hubby says the waves in the back or looser and the crown is a tighter wave, but not coily. I need some type of wave or curl because I am styled challenged and I just want to wash n go! I took some new pictures, I will post them today when I get home.

At how many weeks did you see a spurt of new growth? How many weeks were you really able to see the true texture of your natural hair? Some people say at 6 months post.
I have a similar issue to yours, my nape and sides are prety loose like 3b/3c, then the front/middle is tight like 4a, i also hope to wash n wear after i complete my transition. when i was natural my texture was never as loose as it is now. I only noticed the growth spurt after 6 months i realised i had quite a bit of growth,my last relaxcer was in November last year. You need to wait until you have a sufficent amount of growth to see the true texture though, my hair was very dry and hard three months ago, i think it could have been scab hair, its softening up more now.

Hi Den :)
Long time..your hair is coming along nicely.
I have been thinking of transitioning myself. I did the natural for 5 years and didn't really learn how to care for it and went to relaxer. Truth be told my natural hair hardly broke and I hardly had shedding and split ends so I'm thinking of going back. The only thing is it takes a long time when I want a straight look. Hm! I also thought I would wear my hair down a lot while relaxed and guess what? I don't...lol. It's more up than down and I could have done that with natural hair. I have to give this some serious thought but I'm leaning towards natural again.

Faith said:
I have been thinking of transitioning myself. I did the natural for 5 years and didn't really learn how to care for it and went to relaxer. Truth be told my natural hair hardly broke and I hardly had shedding and split ends so I'm thinking of going back. The only thing is it takes a long time when I want a straight look. Hm! I also thought I would wear my hair down a lot while relaxed and guess what? I don't...lol. It's more up than down and I could have done that with natural hair. I have to give this some serious thought but I'm leaning towards natural again.

Faith that was one of resons I am transitioning. I wore my hair out (wash-n-go) to work one day and my manager mentioned that it was the first time she ever saw me with my hair out. I have been working for her for 2.5 years. I was like shoot I can wear it in a ponytail without relaxing it :(

I don't know..when I was natural I talked myself into thinking I would wear it down a lot and that is why relaxed woul be better for me, etc. but honestly, it's hardly down. I wear it down on BDays (when we head out to the clubs) and XMas. I can count on both hands how often I wore it down over the year. I could have just blow dried and flatironed.
PLUS I got this AWESOME flatiron from the hairdresser which makes even my mom's natural 4a hair look more relaxed than my hair BUT with no damage/burning smell. With that in hand...I figure I can go back to natural and let it be. I think I WILL join you all :)

Faith said:
Hi faith, if you do decide to transition were all here for you.

Hey Ladies

I have been away for a while, but it's good to be back. I am glad to know that some of us have made progress. As for my hair growth.. hmm, I don't know. I should have been at brastrap by now- it is pass my 1 year mark. but I have 3 inches to go until I reach brastrap. So I am looking at another 4-6 months-oh well. But I have to get some more MTG and I would like to try liquid MSM. Den1 I think I read in a post that you have tried it, if so what were your results like?

OnPoint said:
Hey Ladies

I have been away for a while, but it's good to be back. I am glad to know that some of us have made progress. As for my hair growth.. hmm, I don't know. I should have been at brastrap by now- it is pass my 1 year mark. but I have 3 inches to go until I reach brastrap. So I am looking at another 4-6 months-oh well. But I have to get some more MTG and I would like to try liquid MSM. Den1 I think I read in a post that you have tried it, if so what were your results like?
Hi girl, nice to have you back with us, i took a little break myself, you'll get those 3 inches in no time. Here's what will bump growth quickly Lignisual MSM I took up to 10,000mg powder form from www.a1msm.co.uk, my hair grew out quickly within 2 weeks, i guess around an inch. Try, Amino Acids, b-complex i got mine from holland and barratt, when natural i was very consistent with these, they helped me achive near waist-length along with braiding. also conditioner washes helped. good luck

ill join im transitioning now...in cornrows so i cant really see the growth but my braids are more raised...so hopefully with vitamins and surge and a high water intake ill be having speedy growth....

luv04 said:
ill join im transitioning now...in cornrows so i cant really see the growth but my braids are more raised...so hopefully with vitamins and surge and a high water intake ill be having speedy growth....
Welcome to the club, i hope you'll learn a lot from this experience as well as having fun. how long do you plan to transition for?

Hi Den 1, Happy to see you back. My hair is growing rapidly in the back and on the right side. Relaxer is completely gone in the back. The left side is taking it's time, and I don't why. I use Surge, MTG and WGO, but nothing. Every part of my hair is wavy except the left side!

imstush said:
Hi Den 1, Happy to see you back. My hair is growing rapidly in the back and on the right side. Relaxer is completely gone in the back. The left side is taking it's time, and I don't why. I use Surge, MTG and WGO, but nothing. Every part of my hair is wavy except the left side!
Hi Imstush, sounds like you've made wonderful progress with transitioning, maybe the left grows a little slower, don't worry too much, you could speed it up if like with a few trims.

Maybe my hair grows slow, but I have been transitioning since April 7, 2005 and I might have 3 inches. ALMOST! lol I do know that my hair is A LOT thicker and my natural ponytail is longer and expanding! :grin: Yay!

cupcake said:
Maybe my hair grows slow, but I have been transitioning since April 7, 2005 and I might have 3 inches. ALMOST! lol I do know that my hair is A LOT thicker and my natural ponytail is longer and expanding! :grin: Yay!
Congrats!! on the 3 inches, your doing far better than me, my last relaxer was november 2004, i still don't have much growth.

I'm not a part of the speedy growth transitioners, but I am 32 weeks post relaxer, and I have about 3-4", depending on where on my head I am measuring. I'll be so happy when I have 4" all over.

Back