When You're Taken/Married and They Ask for Your Number...

MissMeWithThatIsh

And they may know you are involved...Are you still flattered?

I do have my days (like today) where I am down on myself for no apparent reason. It's usually days like this (I was crying heavily, feeling dull, starting my period, etc.) ... that someone tries to get my number. I mean I'm soggy faced and make up less.

With that said, I am somewhat flattered... Not because of the persistence, but just at the thought that when I look horrible, someone is still trying to fish me... when I'm not even trying.

There are very very few times I'm flattered by someone trying to hit on me.

I hope you feel better.

I think I would be flattered if they didn't know I was involved, but if they know then I'm actually disgusted. I think they are just a nasty dog trying to get with a married person because they know if it went down then most likely there would be no strings attached.:look:

Well I told the person I was dating... which, depending on how the person thinks, could be construed as open. They still asked, and when I said I was really involved and living with the person, then they left it alone.

But yea when you are persistent despite the fact I'm taken, I look at you funny... because you just might be trying to stroke your ego at the expense of my current relationship. :ohwell:

well i don't like being hit on by losers. :nono: yeah it's nice to know i still got it, but dang go away. :lol:

when gentlemen hit on me (or at least guys with enough sense to act like gentlemen), i am flattered. cuz they know how to do it right. doesn't happen to me often though. :(

when any guy asks for my number and i tell him i'm taken and he STILL persists - i am automatically insulted and turned off. i just told you i'm involved with someone, so this tells me you have no respect for me or for relationships. can't get down with that, sorry. :nono:

I'm flattered!
but when they are persistent I just say to them, you mean to tell me that you are continuously going to persue me even though you know i'm with someone else, tell me why should I talk to you even though you just shown me that you don't respect me or my relationship!
What' you'll do to me, you'll do with me :ohwell:

I'm flattered!
but when they are persistent I just say to them, you mean to tell me that you are continuously going to pursue me even though you know I'm with someone else, tell me why should I talk to you even though you just shown me that you don't respect me or my relationship!

100% agreed.

I'm flattered!
but when they are persistent I just say to them, you mean to tell me that you are continuously going to persue me even though you know i'm with someone else, tell me why should I talk to you even though you just shown me that you don't respect me or my relationship!

exactamente :nono:

And they may know you are involved...Are you still flattered?

I do have my days (like today) where I am down on myself for no apparent reason. It's usually days like this (I was crying heavily, feeling dull, starting my period, etc.) ... that someone tries to get my number. I mean I'm soggy faced and make up less.

With that said, I am somewhat flattered... Not because of the persistence, but just at the thought that when I look horrible, someone is still trying to fish me... when I'm not even trying.

Flattered when I know they know I am in a relationship and they still try to hit on me?

No I'm not flattered. I assume they must think I'm some fast whore who cheats on her husband and I'm not.

It's flattering but when you decline and show your wedding rings and they're still trying to holler that's when deep down inside I'm screaming "CREEP"!!! So I keep smiling SMDH and walk away- jerk!:perplexed

I'm flattered!

What she said!

I had a guy in Best Buy hit on me, while DH was trying to get help on a tv. I knew it was coming because here I am standing there looking at the tv's and I see him coming out the corner of my eye.....he looked like he was on a mission. :lachen:We talked for about 5min before he asked me if I was married or single. When I told him I was married, he starts talking about his kids. But he's still looking at me like we are in a club and he's trying to work hard to get my number before the lights come on. Finally I just told him to have a nice day and walked away.

Most guys will respect it when I say I'm married, which then I'm flattered. But then there are a few that keep pushing. I had one tell me that married people have friends and that's all he was trying to do. So I told him to go ask my DH if I can have him as a friend. He stopped harrassing me after that. :lachen:

I had one tell me that married people have friends and that's all he was trying to do. So I told him to go ask my DH if I can have him as a friend. He stopped harrassing me after that. :lachen:

girl! i've told guys i have a man and had them ask, "is your man okay with you having friends?"

my answer is always, "if i was your woman, would YOU want me having guys like yourself as friends?" :nono:

It's flattering but when you decline and show your wedding rings and they're still trying to holler that's when deep down inside I'm screaming "CREEP"!!! So I keep smiling SMDH and walk away- jerk!:perplexed

Exactly, if he doesnt respect your relationship, he's not going to respect you or be about much.

If he's cute then yes I'm somewhat flattered, if he's ugly or one of the random bums who try to talk to me on the train daily then:perplexed. I also hate guys who rudely try to hit on me knowing that I have a man already. Once me and my fiance were out eating and when he went to go to the bathroom another guy (who had been sitting at another table) jumped in our booth and started trying to talk to me and get my number. Blatantly disrespectful and shocking, since I know an altercation would have went down had my fiance saw him.

Back