When your rollerset is NOT completely STRAIGHT....

itismehmmkay

...what do you do???

Usually, I would just put a ceramic curling iron to it, but I'm trying out for the No-Heat Challenge.

Currently, I'm just wearing the rollerset out. Now, I dont' need it completely straight, but I do need the hair 1 inch away from my hairline to look a bit smoother. I had planned on just seeing how much it straightens when I sleep in rollers tonight.

Any suggestions?

If you can't get your rollers tighter, the only way is heat, whether flat iron, or blow dryer...but something hot will be required to uncurl the curl.

I agree with webby.

Sometimes I do a wrap as tight as possible to get the hair straighter, but depending on how much new growth you have thats not always possible. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am also no heat. The front of my hair is underprocessed. Believe or not, for me I PLASTER the front of my hair down wuth a mix of: mango butter/recovery oil moisturizer/a spritz or 2 of african pride/some oil. I don't even brush that joint in all the way sometimes. Then I tie my hair flat with a satin scarf for at least 1 hour/overnight is ideal. The hair remaains neat, relatively straight and each day the hair gets straighter.

As my skill improve I can get my roots straighter, but w/new growth I still have that nice visable wave. And if I used heat to rollerset I never go above medium and then I'm on low for the next hour. Amazing my hair gets dry. But I've found that wrapping helps me smooth it out. I can't wrap to save my life, so I do it in sections and use metal clips to hold my sections in place. Then I wrap my hair w/a satin scarf. If I leave it overnight it makes a noticeable difference /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I've also found that over the course of the next day or so it gets straighter b/c I'm making ponytails, braids, buns, pinning it up, etc.

Well before I moved to OK al I got was rollersets well my stylist call it a roller wrap. I always left with my hair wrapped up and after a few hours it would be straight.

Back