When your prayers are granted...

MrsMe

But you realize that what you wanted and prayed for isn't what you want anymore. :Sad: I find myself in that situation right now. I prayed for years for something to happen and when it finally came through, I was not overjoyed as I expected myself to be. I did not cry of joy. Nothing.
What does that mean? I know God always has a plan and everything happens for a reason. Does that mean that He withheld what I wanted to make me realize that I did not need it?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...if only it would stop correcting what I write.

Not necessarily, it could just be that you have lost your gratitude for it. You might also have many other pertinent needs to be met and the old ones being fulfilled aren't so much in your mind. It's still good to be very thankful that they were fulfilled. I think we've all been there. Don't try and read too much into them, though. Just practice gratitude and continuous faith in His providence.

I've been there...and even just yesterday, I thought of a HUGE blessing I received...thinking of it as "eh, blah." I think we get used to the struggle so much and just kinda give up and when it's answered, eh...blah...until the next one you want stars and stripes and big bang for! LOL. In fact, maybe G-d is trying to tell ME something hahaha. Thanks for your thread. Man, this life sure is uphill.:lol:

auparavant said:
I've been there...and even just yesterday, I thought of a HUGE blessing I received...thinking of it as "eh, blah." I think we get used to the struggle so much and just kinda give up and when it's answered, eh...blah...until the next one you want stars and stripes and big bang for! LOL. In fact, maybe G-d is trying to tell ME something hahaha. Thanks for your thread. Man, this life sure is uphill.:lol:

That's exactly how I feel!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using LHCF...if only it would stop correcting what I write.

Back