When your phone gets text raped...

LivingDol1

seriously, what the hell??!!

how do you get a guy to stop texting you? i met a guy through a social group i joined. only talked for 10 minutes and he asked for my number. i felt like i was put on the spot and didn't know how to gracefully escape... i actually tried but then he cornered me at the ATM by the party and asked me for my number... ugh.

i thought i was in the clear when i hadn't heard from him in a week. and then i saw him at another event but i gave him no go signals. didn't initiate conversation. flirted and talked to other guys in front of him. didn't say goodbye to him and didn't ask him anything about himself.

he just texted me today! i'm like wtf!

what do you do in these situations? can't i just ignore it and have a clear conscience???? :nono:

Tell him you do not have an unlimited texting plan and he needs to fall back.

hahahaa... that would be awesome.

i deleted both his texts. he's a bit of a creeper. asking me to send him a pic of my halloween costume. hells to tha no! i hate clueless men. if i see him at the next event, i'm going to have to have a good excuse that doesn't sound mean.

I think you can block certain numbers from text mesaging you. Call your provider and ask.

I agree with msdr. Igg that fool after you break the news that you cannot answer text w/o being charged an arm and a leg. Its the economy mannnnnnn. LOL Hopefully he won't offer to pay your text bill to communicate. Good luck.

You would think that guys would leave you alone if you choose to ignore them. But them off dudes go even harder when you do that (get off on that stuff) and things can get really out of hand. (experience)

I say tell him to leave you alone, you're not interested to his face (if you see him). Letting him know you mean biznazz. If not, do it over the phone...texting means nothing. (That's if you really serious bout getting him away, tho. :lol:)

When I was single I ALWAYS told guys "I'm sorry I don't give my number out but I'll take yours." Most had no problem with that. (control freak in da house:lol:) Only a few would give me the side eye, in those cases I would add, "if everything works out you're more than welcomed to have my number."

You would think that guys would leave you alone if you choose to ignore them. But them off dudes go even harder when you do that (get off on that stuff) and things can get really out of hand. (experience)

I say tell him to leave you alone, you're not interested to his face (if you see him). Letting him know you mean biznazz. If not, do it over the phone...texting means nothing. (That's if you really serious bout getting him away, tho. :lol:)

THIS!!!!! The more you ignore them, the harder they try. Just crazy.

With that said, just block your number.

When ignoring doesnt work, I tell them Im not interested. Then they try and tell convince you to change your mind. That's when I block them

Just ignore it. He will get the message eventually, although it might take a while. Some of these guys will try to break you down. If you respond to him, he will try to lure you back in. Some people don't care if you give them negative or positive attention, as long as you are paying them some kind of attention! Don't fall for it!

I had a guy texting/ calling since March, after I told him I wasn't interested. A couple of months ago, he sends "I get it, I will leave you alone." Two weeks later, "Hey babe..." and he starts again. I haven't heard from him in a while, so maybe he's really done now.

Great responses! Hoping that just ignoring the texts will do the trick. If not, I'll just have to tell him in person at the next party that I'm not interested.

A friend also told me that if this happens again, I should just give my number but off by one digit.... Then it will sound natural while I say it.... And when they text and I never get the message, they will never know. Lol. I need to be more quick thinking!

Just ignore it. He will get the message eventually, although it might take a while. Some of these guys will try to break you down. If you respond to him, he will try to lure you back in. Some people don't care if you give them negative or positive attention, as long as you are paying them some kind of attention! Don't fall for it!

I had a guy texting/ calling since March, after I told him I wasn't interested. A couple of months ago, he sends "I get it, I will leave you alone." Two weeks later, "Hey babe..." and he starts again. I haven't heard from him in a while, so maybe he's really done now.

Hahaha. Since march?? I had one guy text me all summer. It got to a point where he asked me if he still had a shot. I was so annoyed with his texts that I told him his chance was over like a week after we met so he needed to stop. It was mean but he got the message...

When ignoring doesnt work, I tell them Im not interested. Then they try and tell convince you to change your mind. That's when I block them

Lol. Why not tell him first? Don't ignore him. Just tell him the truth. You don't like him and obviously don't care about his feelings so nuts be straight him. You don't even have to be mean.

Lol. Why not tell him first? Don't ignore him. Just tell him the truth. You don't like him and obviously don't care about his feelings so nuts be straight him. You don't even have to be mean.

I should've had the balls to just say no from the get go. I also fear that if I tell a guy he's not my type or I'm not interested that he will say I'm jumping to conclusions or something and try to make me feel dumb about it. Guys and their egos and all that....

I should've had the balls to just say no from the get go. I also fear that if I tell a guy he's not my type or I'm not interested that he will say I'm jumping to conclusions or something and try to make me feel dumb about it. Guys and their egos and all that....

Who ******.cares. a guy who I had to shoot down told me the same thing. That I didn't give him a chance and I didn't really get to know him. I told him that's. I'll it's MY loss lol.

They need to grow up and contact within a reasonable time frame anyway. Waiting over a week or more like I'm sleeping by the phone waiting? *********

So, have you ever had a phone conversation with him; or responded to any of his text messages? If not, it is safe to assume that he really doesn't know that is your number (unless your voice is on the voicemail)? Therefore, just ignore the texts. Eventually, he will think you gave him a bogus number.

So, have you ever had a phone conversation with him; or responded to any of his text messages? If not, it is safe to assume that he really doesn't know that is your number (unless your voice is on the voicemail)? Therefore, just ignore the texts. Eventually, he will think you gave him a bogus number.

GOOD call!!! My vm only reads my number. No name or voice.

He hasn't tried to call. He's too old to be texting. But now that I know his number, I can watch out and avoid.

They need to grow up and contact within a reasonable time frame anyway. Waiting over a week or more like I'm sleeping by the phone waiting? *********

So true! He told me that he wasn't able to call bc he was on business in Boston. Sadly he didnt notice that I did not ask why he hadn't called! Nor was I the least bit concerned! I was relieved....

Hes also too old to be texting. He's old enough to have had to leave voicemails on tape machines, or before the luxury of tape machines were around! Fool. I'm a catch and I should be respected as such with a phone call! Of course he sounds like one of those ppl with a hole in their throat from too much smoking so maybe that's why he texts. I can't stand it!!!!

I will use whatever descriptive word I see fit for the title of -my- thread, thank you very much. Hah! The nerve.... Lol!

Back