When you are rollersetting...

RushGirl

#1 PARTY GIRL
what is everyone using as thier "setting lotion".. I've been meaning to try rollersetting for like the past 2 weeks..and by the end of the night..I just don't feel like it.. I'm gonna definitely try tonight.. but I don't have any "setting lotion"... think I have something by that Elasta that they sent as a sample.. I think it's some foam stuff.. can I use that? What else is everyone using? I have mango butter, salerm 21, some other stuff.. what do you guys use?

Thanks!

I have used lacio lacio, Salerm 21, or Nexxus Headress. I don't use them all at the same time but whenever I use any of the above I mix it with some distilled water and just spray all over my head.

I have used the Elasta QP Foam but it makes my hair hard so I don't like to use it to much.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I usually use Lottabody setting lotion. However, I ran out so I just use a leave-in conditioner now. I have used one that I got with a relaxer I put in a while ago, but more recently I used Lacio Lacio. I am going to shampoo my hair tonight and am going to use Lacio Lacio and IC Hair Polisher Heat Protector Straightening Serum
By: Fantasia Industries that I just purchased.

The IC Label Info:
Straightens, shines and protects.
# Enriched with silicone, aloe, Vitamin E and sunscreen
# Protects from heat damage caused by hot tools
# Keeps heat-styled hair healthy and prevents heat damage

Usage Tips
For use with flat irons, blow dryers and other heat appliances in order to achieve a smooth, straight look to hair.

I used to roller set my hair each week and I used a leave-in liquid conditioner instead of a setting lotion. It left my hair shiny, soft, light and bouncy with no hardness or stickiness that can sometimes be a problem with setting lotions. I'm sorry that I can't remember which leave-in I used back then, though.

I plan to roller set my hair again soon and still have the rollers and pins I used to use. I'm just having trouble finding the motivation and will to stay under the dryer for over 2 hours. When I do, I will use my current favorite leave-in which is a liquid by Suave. It has been discontinued though. Fortunately, I stocked up on a few bottles when I found that out!

lacio lacio and arosci is all i need for the perfect rollerset... oh and if im feeling really good, i'll use keracare silken seal on my ends...

I use a conditioner mixed with water in a spray bottle or a leave-in conditioner. Setting lotions make your hair too hard IMO. Also, try a lil serum on the ends. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks everyone!!..I think I'll use my Salerm 21 and a serum for my ends.. or make up a mixture with the Salerm 21 and a leave in...then dilute it to spray it on..

Thanks!!!!

I use LottaBody Setting Lotion and sometimes I go without setting lotion. My hair is much softer and more manageable without setting lotion for some reason.

One last question.. I don't have a hooded dryer or anything.. and I'm not gonna stand there holding a hand-held dryer.. can I just sleep in my rollerset or will it come out f'd up?? lol I have those satin rollers.. I do have a satin haircap thingie also..

[ QUOTE ]
what is everyone using as thier "setting lotion".. I've been meaning to try rollersetting for like the past 2 weeks..and by the end of the night..I just don't feel like it.. I'm gonna definitely try tonight.. but I don't have any "setting lotion"... think I have something by that Elasta that they sent as a sample.. I think it's some foam stuff.. can I use that? What else is everyone using? I have mango butter, salerm 21, some other stuff.. what do you guys use?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

The combo that I use taht always use is: lacio lacio, redken smooth down heat glide, olive oil ( the little small bottle by MEGA CARE) and Elasta QP silk diluted in a water bottle. I ALWAYS GET good results.

1. Shampoo hair (X2)- Keracare or Redken Smooth Down shampoo
2. Deep condition 15 minutes with heat- 10 en 1
3. Moisture condition for 5 minutes while in shower- Redken smooth down regular condition with shower cap on.
4. Rinse hair
5. A Quarter size amount of leave in- Lacio lacio
6. Penny size amount of serum- Redken Smooth down heat glide
7. Dime size or less of olive oil- Megacare olive oil
8. Section hair and twist sectioned hair into bantu knots. Secure with clips..
9. Take down section and spray with diluted setting lotion- Elasta QP Silk and water in spray bottle
10. Roll hair with rollers, end paper and clips.
11. Repeat on all other sections
12. Sit under dryer for 1-1.25 hours
13. Take hair down and wrap under silk scarf until next morning. My hair is never hard when I take my hair out of rollers just soft and super shiney!
14. I may spray hair with oil sheen ( Mizani Shyne)
14. Voila gorgeous rollerwrap!

oh yeah . Sometimes I sleep in my rollersets. It is so uncomfortable. You may want to keep the rollers in about 10-12 hours to make sure they are 100% dry.

I use Lacio Lacio, Nexxus Humectress or Headress. During the summer I use Sedal's Verano Intensivo.

I just use a regular leave-in. Either Daily Provision or Headress. Or sometimes nothing at all. I use Elasta QP Design Foam on my mom's hair, in fact I'm about to do it in a few, she likes it.

[ QUOTE ]
oh yeah . Sometimes I sleep in my rollersets. It is so uncomfortable. You may want to keep the rollers in about 10-12 hours to make sure they are 100% dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking.. ugh..I'm gonna try it anyway though... Thanks girl!

Well, I rollerset my hair..it took over an hour..and I'm sure it will look like sh*t tomorrow..lol I need bigger rollers.. I used those satin foam ones but, I really think I needed bigger ones..I'll see tomorrow.. but all I can say is thank goodness I have a flat iron to straighten out the mess I'm sure I will see tomorrow. I haven't had a relaxer since Feb. so these were just too small to get all of my hair the right way(my roots straight) and I used 2 pkgs.. bigger ones would have been better.. prolly like those magnetic ones.. oh well, when I can get those.. I'll try it again

Oooh Girl! I have NEVER used the satin ones for a rollerset. Im not sure how that would come out. I would ONLY reccomend the magnetic ones IF you want a SMOOTH rollerset.

[ QUOTE ]
Oooh Girl! I have NEVER used the satin ones for a rollerset. Im not sure how that would come out. I would ONLY reccomend the magnetic ones IF you want a SMOOTH rollerset.

[/ QUOTE ]

SH*TTY! lol /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif But now I know.. my hair looked pretty f'd up when I took them out this morning..LOL /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif My hair was soft though..LOL

What is bubble up?? When I did the rollerset..I used a mixture of water, Salerm 21, Elucence MB conditioner and a little bit of Oleo Relax..and put it in a spray bottle.. My hair was very soft.. it just looked like I went through something terrible..lol

Back