when you airdry your hair does it get crunchy?

I used to have crispy hair after airdrying, and nothing would help. I'd have to rewash and then use heat.

I've since learned to use a regular conditioner as a leave-in when I airdry, and that leaves my hair soft and not crunchy/crispy.

It used to feel crunchy but i think a combo of deep conditioning (sometimes with a conditioning cap) using a little leave-in conditioner and sealing the ends with coconut oil, then tying hair back with satin scarf makes my hair feel smoother and moisturised.

It used to feel crunchy but i think a combo of deep conditioning (sometimes with a conditioning cap) using a little leave-in conditioner and sealing the ends with coconut oil, then tying hair back with satin scarf makes my hair feel smoother and moisturised.

I just did exactly this and put my hair in one braid and tied it up with a scarf until dry. My hair is now nice and soft.

yes, and it still does, but I will take you ladies suggestions and try them out next weekend when I wash. What about detangling? do you see a lot of shed hair when you comb after airdrying or is combing a bit no-no :nono:?

Last edited:
Back