when wearing a drawstring ponytail.......

beana3

how do you get your own hair to have the silky effect o the ponytail hair??? forgive me for asking so many questions, but this concept is foreign to me! can someone please explainhow they smooth their hair back , what products they use, and if they do this when the hair is wet???? thanx ahead of time

The night before when wrapping my hair, I like to spray it with leave in conditioner (the Ultra Black Hair dew works really well for me) and slap on a tiny bit of hair oil. This helps straighten my hair and keep it very smooth. In the morning, when I put in my ponytail in, my hair is very sleek and smooth.

Additionally, I took this advice from adrienne, I take my own hair and wrap it in plastic to help retain moisture to my hair ends. Works like a charm (THANKS ADRIENNE)

i use the curl activator/gel mix to smooth my hair down. the activator softens my hair, and the gel makes it stay put.

quite frankly, my hair texture doesn't match that of the ponytail. even with the perm, my hair is wavy, and the ponytail is skrate. lol! this used to bug me. i don't really care anymore though as long as the color is close (which it is), and my hair looks neat.

amillion, i'm glad the plastic is working for you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif are you using plastic wrap or the baggie?

adrienne

I'm actually using the plastic baggy. And do you know here in New York, they sell the Yaki drawstring ponytail.

Back