When was your last professional trim?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Caramela,

My last haircut was a week ago today 8/13. As always, they cut more than you want them to, but it's still long and it looks healthy and even.

I always speak with my stylist before the cut to discuss the amount that will be cut. It doesn't always help, I've had up to seven inches cut after I specifically said do not chop off my hair. There should be a law...

Approx 3 mos ago. I would've had one last week but this new stlyist wanted to chare $95.00 for a friggin trim. Question? Is it harmful to not cut "thin ends" (that bottom 1/2 inch or so) that are not necessarily "split". I know aesthetically it looks better.

WHAT!!!!! For a trim?
shocked.gif

Yes Karonica! This was my first time at this upscale salon in Chicago. She (the owner)said she charges the same for a cut and trim because it the same amount of work for her to do.

LOL!

Hey Lindy, I've got a question. I saw in your journal that you used a Colourshines in a goldish color. But how did the color show on your hair if it's darker than blonde?
confused.gif

Hi Karonica,
I'm not sure if I understand your question
confused.gif
, but...

The colourshines shade is Glorious Gold, which made my hair come out a REALLY BRIGHT true gold color... I currently have the tex.& tones bronze in my hair, but my hair was previously highlighted, so it has some parts (mainly in the front) that are a blondish color (lighter than the rest of my hair). I think the colourshines mainly affected those parts, but it also seemed to affect the overall color of my hair, if that makes any sense.

My hair with the Bronze in it is really a nice subtle, non-brassy reddish-blondish color (hard to describe), but with the colorshines, it turned into that brassy, BEYONCE blond color! In fact, last weekend I went to a cookout with my fiance and my brother caught a glimpse of us walking up and yelled out "Who's that you got with you, Beyonce??"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(I was wearing a twist-out) Thankfully it has washed out a lot, and since I'm getting my touchup tomorrow, hopefully the rest of it will be gone.
smile.gif

That's it! LOL! I don't understand how a semi-permanent can actually lighten hair from a reddish-blondish color all the way up to a really bright gold color. That's amazing!
laugh.gif

I know Karonica...
laugh.gif

My hair must be really porous, is all I can think of to explain it!! I also wasn't expecting it to affect my color as much as it did!! To my total surprise, it even colored the gray hairs in the front of my head gold!!! (Gray hairs are very resistant so I didn't think it would be able to even TOUCH those!!

I got my last trim in May. I asked for one and she even told me that my ends weren't very damaging at all. My stylist is old-fashioned when it comes to hair care b/c she actually KNOWS how to do hair. You can't say that about a lot of the younger stylists today. She's the best!

caramela, my last trim was 7/15/03. she cut 1½" when i only wanted ½" cut. i think i've gotten quite a bit of it back already, but that could be wishful thinking.
laugh.gif

I am really pitiful; how about 9 years ago. My mom used to do it for me a few times a year, but you guys I have gotten too afraid to even let her go near my hair with scissors. I've tried myself a few times and done a pathetic job I think. I'm still trying to buildup enough courage to let someone do it, but as you can probably tell I am extremely particular (not to mention a big chicken)
frown.gif

my last trim was probably in april or may. i have found that if you go to a male stylist they tend not to be very scissor happy b/c men usually like long hair.

ms j...i'm sure you've saved yourself a lot of money. How did you learn to trim your hair?

For the past year, I was paying $100-$125 for my relaxer and trim. Now that I will only be going on average every 4 months to a salon when I need a trim, I will only be spending about $45-$55. Then, I can use the extra money for more products.
laugh.gif

I got my trim last week, my first good one (where any real length was cut) in 2 years. I am happy with it. The back is blunt and straight, She cut about an inch, but I okayed it first. But I had to fight my stylist on it. I left the salon sweating. She wanted to cut more, you know--do a thorough trim where you go "up inside the hair". I nixed that. I told ther the back and sides were enough for me. And we literally were raising voices at each other. I think I will wait about six months before I trim again. I have to get my strength back up.

[ QUOTE ]
ms j...i'm sure you've saved yourself a lot of money. How did you learn to trim your hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I never got my hair trimmed or cut after that until I started losing hair. Then my hair got really thin and damaged. Then my mom cut it in 2001. This was the result:
Us.jpg

Then after that the next time it was trimmed was May of 2002! I think the next time was in June of this year, and then I got another trim on Sunday. I don't trim my own hair, though. My mother does.

Hi, I'm a new member and was really inspired by the hair journals. I will definitely be taking some of the good advice. I know this is a site for growing hair, but please indulge me one question about getting rid of facial hair on the neck and chin. I've tried tweezing, waxing and shaving and all I've gotten is black spots, but the hair keeps growing back. They say if we treat the hair on our hair too harshly, it won't grow back. But I've treated my facial hair very harshly and it keeps coming back. Why is that? Also, I'm interested in exploring permanent laser removal, but have heard that it scars the skin of women of color. Does anyone know if this is true? Or does anyone have any good home remedies for removing facial hair? It's all very frustrating and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks, curly

Back