when to perm

kaykay

It has been almost 4 weeks since I got my last perm but the perm didn't take. Do you think that I would be distroying my hair if I did it again after 4 weeks.
confused.gif

I got a perm on Decenmer 23 and I got mine yesterday because the perm didn't take very well and befor then I hadn't had a perm since September
shocked.gif
If I were you I would wait at least another 2 weeks.I got my perm early this time but I don't plan on doing it again.

It would definitely be better to wait at least 2 more weeks. Maybe you can do braidouts or wear buns in the meantime. After only 4 weeks there would be a greater risk of overlapping/overprocessing the previously relaxed hair. Hope all goes well with your next touch-up.
drunk.gif

My personal advice is that you wait as long as you can unless your hair is shedding/breaking excessively. I had a corrective relaxer applied to my entire length and had little shedding or breakage but I waited 4 months and I think that really helped.

Thank you you guys but the reason I am asking is because since I have a sew in. I can't put my hair in buns and things of that sort so I end up flat ironing my hair once or twice a week. So I really need the top part straight, since the rest of the weave is straight. I could take it out but the rest of my hair is natural underneath.

Back