When stretching and you see alot of shedding is it time to relax?

Samaria

I am not shedding I am not even close to, Im only 6 wks post. I was just curious b/c the shedding, is this hair I am losing (when maybe say 16 weeks post) growth that I need to retainThanks!

Last edited:
Samaria said:
I am not shedding I am not even close to, Im only 6 wks post. I was just curious b/c this shedding is this hair I am losing that I need to retain length? I hope that this makes sense. Thanks!

Maybe you should try steaming your hair as it helps with the breaking and/or shedding...the hair may just be dry.

If I still have shedding and/or breaking after I have tried the above then I do a touch-up but most of the time, doing a treatment will help alot.

Samaria said:
I am not shedding I am not even close to, Im only 6 wks post. I was just curious b/c this shedding is this hair I am losing that I need to retain length? I hope that this makes sense. Thanks!

Do you deep condition often?...and how about protein treatments?...I've also heard that using garlic shampoo can help with shedding...maybe you should give that a try...and if all else fails and you have a massive amount of new growth...then I would go ahead and relax.

Lady_Lioness said:
Do you deep condition often?...and how about protein treatments?...I've also heard that using garlic shampoo can help with shedding...maybe you should give that a try...and if all else fails and you have a massive amount of new growth...then I would go ahead and relax.

Yes once a week I deep condition and protein every 6 weeks.

What protein treatment are you using every 6 weeks? Is it aphogee?...and Why don't you try using a light protein conditioner every week like Aubrey's Organics or Nexxus Keraphix...with every deep conditioning treatment you do?

Lady_Lioness said:
What protein treatment are you using every 6 weeks? Is it aphogee?...and Why don't you try using a light protein conditioner every week like Aubrey's Organics or Nexxus Keraphix...with every deep conditioning treatment you do?

Great idea, where can I get these prodcuts? Is lekair Cholesterol a light protein?

Samaria said:
Great idea, where can I get these prodcuts? Is lekair Cholesterol a light protein?

I purchased my Nexxus Keraphix in a Salon here in New york city...I often see them in bss...but i'm not sure of the quality so I would prefer getting it at salons...I think that the Vitamin Shoppe sells Aubrey's products...so if you live near or can find a Vitamin Shoppe you can purchase it there...what you would be purchasing is Aubrey's Organics GPB (Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner)
As for lekair Cholesterol...I believe some people would consider that to be a light protein conditioner...but i've tried it and I didn't like it too much...it did nothing for my hair.
HTH

when i had a perm i never even heard of stretching. i just new that my roots were so thick and coarse that my hair would shed all over the place at 6 weeks. have you tried moisturizing more especially the roots. i am using s curl now and it makes my natural hair feel a lot smooter and softer. so if it could work for me it could work for you.

LadyLioness offered up some great ideas...I'd also check your diet and exercise regimen for culprits...
I'm 16 or 17 weeks post (lost count), and I'm not having any shedding or breakage issues. Like, LL said, I think you may wanna step up the light protein once you deeper into the stretch, and moisture is always a necessity.
HTH
{DI}

Back