When should you celebrate your Nappiversary(one year celebration of being natural)?

BrockStar

Hello! So I've been wondering this for a while. For thoses who transitioned or are transitioning, when is/when will be your Nappiversary? Let me explain...
I stopped getting a perm in Oct. 2006. I BC'ed in May 2007. If I celebrate a year of GROWTH of my Natural hair , that would be in October b/c that would be how much my hair has grown since deciding to go Natural. However, I wasn't all "Natural" until last May so in May I would celebrate one year of being Natural. Please answer, b/c I'm always confused about this..lol I need to know when to celebrate ya'll!!:grin::grin::grin:

Re: When should you celebrate your Nappiversary(one year celebration of being natural

hmmmm.........i feel ya but you go by the day that you actually separated your natural hair from your relaxed hair.

i bc'd in may, 07 but transitioned for 15 months so, if i just say that i bc'd 9 months ago, i fully expect to get a side-eye or at least a ton of requests for my super-extra-heavy-duty miracle hair growth formula :grin:).

so i say my nappiversary will be in may, 2008 but i transitioned for 15 months - to explain the growth.

@ least that's how imma go about it :lachen:

Re: When should you celebrate your Nappiversary(one year celebration of being natural

hmmmm.........i feel ya but you go by the day that you actually separated your natural hair from your relaxed hair.

i bc'd in may, 07 but transitioned for 15 months so, if i just say that i bc'd 9 months ago, i fully expect to get a side-eye or at least a ton of requests for my super-extra-heavy-duty miracle hair growth formula :grin:).

so i say my nappiversary will be in may, 2008 but i transitioned for 15 months - to explain the growth.

@ least that's how imma go about it :lachen:

Lol
I feel you on that! All of my growth woud be in 8-9 months!

I agree with Lynnie. You should celebrate on the anniversary of your BC date. I was looking at your Fotki getting all confused. I love, love, love your hair!! I can't wait until my BC in August.

I agree with Lynnie. You should celebrate on the anniversary of your BC date. I was looking at your Fotki getting all confused. I love, love, love your hair!! I can't wait until my BC in August.

Thanks! Good luck on the BC!

Back