When should I do the protein treatment?

Mercie

I just finished taking down my mom's braids and taking out the matts.
Her hair is really weak so I want to do an egg protein treatment.
Should I do this before or after shampooing the hair?

I'd say do it before just b/c her hairs weak now, and you don't want to detangle again. keep it in 2 section and wash out 1 section at a time. I recommend doing an Aphogee 2 step protein treatment, follow with the keratin 2 min conditioner. hth

If you use Aphogee 2 step, be sure to use a moisturizing condish immediately afterwards or you'll have SERIOUS problems. Don't use eggs at all....it'll be the dickens to wash out. Use Aphogee-moiturizing condish.

Given that her hair was/is matted, you might have to do it a few times over the next few weeks...1 wk in between treatments, IMHO.

If you use Aphogee 2 step, be sure to use a moisturizing condish immediately afterwards or you'll have SERIOUS problems. Don't use eggs at all....it'll be the dickens to wash out. Use Aphogee-moiturizing condish.

Given that her hair was/is matted, you might have to do it a few times over the next few weeks...1 wk in between treatments, IMHO.

ITA, great tip, but if you use the 2 step and follow the directions there shouldn't be any problems the 2nd step is the balancing moisturizer conditioner, then follow up with the keratin 2 min and then DC with a good moisturizing conditioner.

Back