When Shea Moisture Is His Staple…my So And I Say Thanks!!

fuchsiastar

Hi Ladies and fellow cousins! I’m writing this post on behalf of my SO, who wants to thank all of my Nikkos Cousins for “upping his wave game” with some “serious shine” :lol: Yes, he is referencing one of our staples, the Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Hair Masque. I tried it on my hair also, and want to also thank you for the awesome suggestion and reviews of this product over the years.

This all happened accidentally, so I’ll tell you about it. I’m a BSL straight style wearing natural, and am a bit lazy on keeping a regimen…okay, very lazy. However skin care is something that I cannot do without, and especially a quality body moisturizer. My tastes run the scale, from purchasing obsure lines at Bergdorf Goodman’s basement to the standard L’Occitaine Shea to the drugstore Nivea. However upon his urging to standardize products that we bring into the house, I said I would be willing to “share lotion” and select a brand. We tried a few things but landed on Shea Moisture recently and I think it will be a keeper. I know there is a little controversy about their different formulations not really being “different” but I appreciate the variety. So anyway, things are going along well with the lotion transition (I still have some bottles that I’m finishing up, so that could be why it’s all good) and he next suggests standardizing the hair care products.

“Wait. What? Okay, I’ll take a look and see if there is anything we can streamline, but IDK” is my response. :look:

After some thoughtful discussion, we landed on a single cheapie brand of shampoo and conditioner (because I “go through it like water” :look:) and he wants to use my Alter Ego Garlic for a deep conditioner. I’m like “nah, that won’t work for you” and he wants to know what will. He is like “does someone make a good conditioner for me?” I’m thinking about it, and immediately remember a Nikko’s cousin family favorite, the SM honey masque. We grab some, he tries it out, and now he must have it. We have like 4 jars of this now, legit. Also Target was having a sale, so that was more of a motivation to buy more. And well, since he purchased more of course I had to try it out immediately :drunk:

The results were notably amazing. For his hair, he got more defined waves and some serious shine. I actually got a lot more shine also, and my blow dry took a bit shorter time and my hair wasn’t as fluffy. When I flat ironed it was when I really saw the bling come out. We applied the product differently - I applied it to wet hair after my Alter Ego garlic conditioner, and he applied it to dry hair before getting into the shower. I told him this is called a “pre-poo” but he wants to hear no such thing….he has not put poo into his hair, he says. Ladies, this super private man even allowed me to take pics of his hair, so I know he really likes this product. Our household is now a Shea Moisture masque home. Thanks!!

And because I know this thread is worthless without pics….:flahssssss::flahssssss:
View media item 128691View media item 128689

You are so right! I was already like "why is my Alter Ego open like this?" the other day....he was in my stash and used it as a conditioner. I actually got it because he kept complaining about finding my hair all over the house :oops:

He also has used my Jane Carter Nourish and Shine, and now that will be a household staple because he wants his own (some for home, and some for his gym bag). I'm like "bruuuh, you are killing me" :lol::lol:
His hair looks very nice and healthy. Shea moisture doesn't like me but I'm glad you and yours are happy with it. But be careful girlfriend... He's gonna be all up in your stash...lol

Thanks, he will be so happy to hear this! He is an extended cousin and I have helped him to understand more about hair care. He wants to know what the qualified "Long Hair Don't Care Board Ladies" think of his hair :lol::lol:
Nice waves!! Wow, I'm impressed. Congrats to your SO!!

Men get ALL UP IN your product stash when they realize it can work for them also. I slightly recall a men's hair board also. They would talk about the "perfect line up" and stuff like that! :laugh:

This thread is cute. Reminds me when my mom said my brothers use all her good hair products. Never dawned on me that men want shiny, wavy, healthy hair too.

Reminds me of the men on that male board. :giggle:

aaaaayeee!!! *singing* waves on swim, so they hate on him, anyway I think I met him sometime before.... :laugh: I will let him know of the compliment that you gave, it will mean a lot to keep him focused on his "wave game" :yep:
Nice. Waves on swim.

Thanks, he will love the compliment!! I thought the backstory was important, because it was all by accident. I'm so lazy with my hair that when people compliment me or ask for advice it catches me by surprise sometimes and I don't know what to say. So for me to recommend something that my cousins use, AND to get instant results, I had to tell ya'll about it! :yep: And it was an internet breakthrough for him because he let me take pictures AND post them on the internet.:rofl:

I love it! You go boy! Waves are ON POINT. I love how you led us through your convo and how we wanted to "streamline products"

:rofl:
Why do dudes always call this the Long Hair Don't Care board?! I'm rolling! I've seen it mentioned on here a few times!
Your SO's waves are on point! Lmao at him pre-pooing his Lil hair. Lolll. Some shea moisture condishes give me nice moisture, but never any bling. I'm gonna get some too!

I have to hide products from my SO, and plant things in his bathroom when I want him to see them. Smh. We need a product system in this house!

Okay cousins.....bumping since Shea Moisture is cancelled.

I finally told SO yesterday that they are cancelled...he didn't know and doesn't concern himself with news that isn't related to finance, politics, business or technology so he wasn't aware of the hair-hate-backlash.

He is down for them being cancelled from our household...but requires replacements for what have now become "his standard products".....yes, you were right ladies, he is all up in the stash and has broadened his reach into my hair closet...LOL!

Anyway, I'm on a hunt to replace the Manuka Honey Masque, the Coconut Curl Enhancing Smoothie....and his new favorites...the JB Castor Oil Strengthen and Grow Shampoo and Treatment Masque....please let me know if you have any suggestions because if I don't replace it he already has declared that he will be going to TJMaxx to get it on sale and stocking up :look: ...and I can't have that happening in this household :drunk::drunk:

Back