When r the "Hide u'r hair til X-mas" people gonna reveal their progress???

zzirvingj

Christmas Day? The day after Christmas? In January?? :look:

Is anyone else here as excited as I am to see all the progress???? I wasn't in the challenge so I'm just ANTICIPATING all of the wonderful results.

I'm going crazy :spinning: just waiting to see all the progress. Shout out to all ya'll who are on this challenge and good luck on your results!!! :p

I want to see too. I have had braids in since August 28, 2006. I have abou t and 1 od new growth. I have not measured my hair since January 06.

I'm so excited I can picture myself on christmas day sitting at the computer for hours looking at all the amazing progress (I know I know I need a life)

I put some comparison shots in my fotki....I didn't wait til x-mas because I didn't think there would be much difference than right at this moment so check it out if you want. I just have to remember that consistency and patience will help me reach my goals. Fotki and pw in my profile. :look:

zzirvingj said:

Is anyone else here as excited as I am to see all the progress???? I wasn't in the challenge so I'm just ANTICIPATING all of the wonderful results.

I'm going crazy :spinning: just waiting to see all the progress. Shout out to all ya'll who are on this challenge and good luck on your results!!! :p

I can't wait til XMAS, I am so impatient and anxious that I don't log on to LHCF for two days at a time because when I'm on here. I think about it all the time and I'm trying to stretch for 12 weeks which will put my touch up right around the time the challenge ends...I am soooo anxious, to see all the progress. Only 19 more days to go:yay: :woot:

*oh, you have pretty hair. I wanted to say that first but girl I'm tired and ready to go to sleep but had to check in before I lay it down.

Last edited:
EMJazzy said:
I put some comparison shots in my fotki....I didn't wait til x-mas because I didn't think there would be much difference than right at this moment so check it out if you want. I just have to remember that consistency and patience will help me reach my goals. Fotki and pw in my profile. :look:

Girl...you've had some amazing progress...when I saw that after photo of that spot, I was like:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ..yea...it is that serious. Amazing job getting your hair back into shape.

NOT to be a troublemaker...but are any of the ladies on the "Hide Your Hair Till Christmas Challenge" thinking about extending it for themselves? I know I have a graduation coming up and I was thinking about hiding it until then:ohwell:

***ducks head and prepares to dodge tomatoes:look:

EMJazzy said:

WOW...your twists are so much thicker now! I like that phony pony too ;) .

cmw45 said:
NOT to be a troublemaker...but are any of the ladies on the "Hide Your Hair Till Christmas Challenge" thinking about extending it for themselves? I know I have a graduation coming up and I was thinking about hiding it until then:ohwell:

***ducks head and prepares to dodge tomatoes:look:

HA! no tomatoes here :D ,

I'm gonna be extending the challenge as well. I was semi-serious in the beginning (updos, keeping my hair protected) but as of the past month or so, I've been baggying. I bought all these new phony ponies and I'm gonna use them until I reach brastrap :grin: .

EMJazzy said:

:clap:You're making huge progress lady, congrat, continue the good job!!
cmw45, I'll continue the hide think til march as you can read in my siggy

Last edited:
zzirvingj said:

I'm not revealing my progress yet. I'm trying to go anothr 6 months. Technically I cheated and revealed my hair after I bced (there's pics in my fotki) but I'm still hiding it from the real world. The only people who have really seen it so far caught me when I was in the house without my wig on. :lol: I have a full head weave now and I plan on keeping it in until after New Years.

I'm on the challenge and I plan to get a relaxer on December 24th (so it looks fresh for christmas :grin: ). And I plan on updating the next morning on Christmas. I will probably update my fotki on Christmas Eve though. I can't wait to see my progress...I haven't had a relaxer since early June!

Hi Ladies!

I'm the one who started this crazy challenge...I think we should reveal on Christmas Eve just in case everyone is busy with family on Christmas itself. Let me know what you ladies think...

BTW I also plan on extending the challenge and I believe there are several ladies who want to do that and update every 3-4 months.

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies!

I'm the one who started this crazy challenge...I think we should reveal on Christmas Eve just in case everyone is busy with family on Christmas itself. Let me know what you ladies think...

BTW I also plan on extending the challenge and I believe there are several ladies who want to do that and update every 3-4 months.

I hear you...so, I guess I'll update my fotki on December 24 early in the morning and then I'll go back on the challenge.

Who's creating the thread so that they're all in one place and not a bunch of the same ones? I think RabiaElaine should do it b/c she started the challenge.

I wasn't officially in the challenge but I have not posted a hair shot since I joined so I could get some secret growth going :lachen: I'll be posting a pic either the day of or the day after christmas :)
I​

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Ladies!

I'm also on the challenge and can hardly wait to see everybody's progress! :look:

I am starting to get a little nervous, so I hope that I'm not disappointed in my own progress :(. Not sure exactly when I will reveal my progress. I guess it depends on how close to Christmas I can get an appointment with my stylist (if she remembers who I am after all this time! LOL). After all it has been 6 months since she last saw me :eek:!

As RabiaElaine stated, I also plan to extend the challenge and report every 3 to 4 months. It won't be hard especially since it will still be cold here.

I also vote for RabiaElaine to start off the extended challenge! Just say when!

Question...

how are the nappturals doing "progress" shots? I have pictures from the end of September posted on my fotki currently (the last ones before I got on the challenge) and because of my 100% shrinkage...don't know if I'll see a difference in hair length without streching it out. So should I (or other naturals):

1) Use heat (eek!) or
2) Strech it out in a conditioner fro (streching it our while the conditioner is in the hair for moisture) or another 'kind of' streched out fro or
3) blow dry (little eek!) the hair into a fro or out?

What are other napptural doing?

Doll said:
I'm also on the challenge and can hardly wait to see everybody's progress! :look:

I am starting to get a little nervous, so I hope that I'm not disappointed in my own progress :(. Not sure exactly when I will reveal my progress. I guess it depends on how close to Christmas I can get an appointment with my stylist (if she remembers who I am after all this time! LOL). After all it has been 6 months since she last saw me :eek:!

As RabiaElaine stated, I also plan to extend the challenge and report every 3 to 4 months. It won't be hard especially since it will still be cold here.

Sure I'll start off the thread to reveal our hair. I'll put a reminder in my calendar to star it on Christmas Eve. I can't wait!

Doll,

I don't think anyone will be disappointed in progress. I am sure ALL of us retained length from this challenge. I just relaxed my hair last night and I know for sure I've retained length.

I'm not sure if I've hit APL yet because I haven't rollerset my hair yet to straighten it out. I relaxed late at night so I was too tired sit under the dryer so I just pulled my hair into a ponytail to airdry and go to bed. I'm going to rewet it tonight when I get home and rollerset it. Don't worry ladies I'm still going to be hiding until XMAS.

Bact to my point, even if I haven't hit APL I'm pretty close and am thrilled that I decided to do something this drastic (hiding my hair for 6 months) to achieve to the length that I have now. So I'm sure you will be happy with your progress to. Just don't let your stylist get to happy with the scissors. Stylists tend to think if you haven't been to see them in a while that that automatically means they need to chop 2 inches off of your hair "to make it healthy again"...Please!!!!!!!!!

I actually don't plan to trim until after I reveal to you ladies, then I might take a little off the end and by a little I mean like 1/4 inch or less!

Doll said:

Yah RabiaElaine. You started it:grin: but I'll back you up as I been doing:p when you disappear for long spells:lachen:

I've been wondering when "ALL" would reveal too:) I'm excited about seeing everyone's progress. I was going to reveal during December, but I have braids now, so maybe January or February.

Is it ok if I reveal my progess on the 21st? That is my b-day :D and I want to wear it down. Plus I'm going to relax next weekend (16th) for sure because I don't want to stretch too long. I can't wait to see other ladies progress from this challenge!!!

cmw45 said:
Question...

how are the nappturals doing "progress" shots? I have pictures from the end of September posted on my fotki currently (the last ones before I got on the challenge) and because of my 100% shrinkage...don't know if I'll see a difference in hair length without streching it out. So should I (or other naturals):

1) Use heat (eek!) or
2) Strech it out in a conditioner fro (streching it our while the conditioner is in the hair for moisture) or another 'kind of' streched out fro or
3) blow dry (little eek!) the hair into a fro or out?

What are other napptural doing?
I am exited to see growth, and get inspired by all these beautiful heads of hair on this site. I have not taken any pics since I joined so I am hoping for some growth also,… and yes I am flat ironing my hair out for Christmas. I also should finally have the time to start up a fotki J

As a natural I am gonna flat iron I haven’t since October and I think if done correctly my hair can handle it. Also I don’t plan on flat ironing again until March or April.

If you’re afraid to flat iron it I would jus take a few stands and pull it straight for a picture.

Back