When it comes to my hair, why am I so scissor happy?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Now as a stylist I encourage my clients to hold off on trims and when it is time for a trim I do a little dust. Sometimes my clients have to ask me right out to trim their hair. I just don't wanna cut it!!

Now why can't I do that for myself. I was looking through my album archives and noticed a lot of unnecessary trimming going on. Why can't I put the scissors down when it comes to my hair??

I think I need serious help. :spinning: :yep:

i HAD that same problem....the only thing that works for me is to NOT wear it out all the time. when i wear my hair straight, i feel the need to trim more often...so to resist, i don't straighten that often anymore :drunk:

I'm kind of scissor happy too. I'm extra paranoid about see thru ends and breakage. Everytime I get a little breakage I trim. I told myself I wasnt going to trim the next relaxer but I have breakage now so I'm gonna be trimming in a few weeks:ohwell:. Plus I really like the feel of freshly cut ends.

That's a good idea. I did straighten my hair often. I promised myself this time I would wear it in weaves until I gained a good amount of length. That's the only way I can do it!

I was that way ..
I was tried of looking at my rough ends.
now my ends are beuatiful and juicy ! lol :lick:

Woooooo, DSD, you had me thinking you had gone and cut all your lovely MT growth off, or something!!

I'm the total opposite - I hate the thought of having to cut my hair, for any reason. :lol:

That's a good idea. I did straighten my hair often. I promised myself this time I would wear it in weaves until I gained a good amount of length. That's the only way I can do it!

yep, keeping my ends hidden is the only way i can do it, too :yep:

you bet' not cut all that growth you got, girl! hurry up and put that weave in!

Don't worry ladies I won't cut. I want my length back.

I am going be in weaves and protective styles at least until I get close to brastrap. This was I won't be tempted to cut.

Hey DSD, maybe now that you realize you are scissor happy you will do better. I remember some of those times when you cut and I was like:blush:, I wanted to :spank: you :lol:. So happy you will be growing it out again.

Hey DSD, maybe now that you realize you are scissor happy you will do better. I remember some of those times when you cut and I was like:blush:, I wanted to :spank: you :lol:. So happy you will be growing it out again.
Maybe your right. Maybe the fact that I am aware of it will stop me from doing it.

Man if I hadn't cut so much I could have been to at least mid back length huh?!!!:grin:

well I too am a chronic scissor happy individual. Maybe as a beautician you know that healhy hair is all about healthy ends or you might like a sexy shorter style and you just decide to cut it. Its just hair right it will grow back. Now when I see a sexy short cut that I desire, instead of cutting my hair I will rock a cute short wig in the style that I wanted to cut my hair into.

I feel your pain DSD. Ummm my last relaxer was exactly 5 years ago and I am just about shoulder length:perplexed I should be a WSL natural by now:look: I have cut a total of about 15-20" of hair since then. It sucks!!!! But I have been really good. I havent touched scissors since March:yep:

Woooooo, DSD, you had me thinking you had gone and cut all your lovely MT growth off, or something!!

I'm the total opposite - I hate the thought of having to cut my hair, for any reason. :lol:

Preach it sista. Dang, I hate trimming my hair, but wow, I love the way it looks when it's done:grin:. In any case, I have been very careful not to trim to often, however I am due for one next month:spinning:.

Back