When is the right time?

hairenergizer

When should you begin "coloring" after meeting someone? How do we as women know that guys are not just going to get your goods and run? Seeing someone and they have asked me out to dinner but not sure what his attentions are. Im wondering if he believe's that he can swindle me over by this then again im not sure. What is considered to soon to color or is it a time limit to wait? I don't wont him to get it twisted and think im easy. How to handle this?
Is there anything that I should say to him to see what he's thinking/coming from? This way Ill know to run or stay.

Last edited:
That's a personal preference. It's different for everyone. If you are looking for something longterm, I suggest you wait until you are exclusive and committed.... and at least a 2-3 months. Not either, both.

if you dont want to seem easy, two or three months is a pretty good time imo. i never wait that long personally. (i am considering starting, though. as long as i have some peen on the side.)

This is debatable. If he just wants to hit it, no waiting is going to make him stay. He will wait it out. I have "friends" still waiting for that weak moment lol For some men timing doesn't matter at all. They tend to be open minded non-judge mental and most likely more matured and understand human nature.

In the end, be true to yourself. You can never go wrong with that. Your timing has to do with YOU and only you. Nothing to do with him. Know what you want and if he's on the same plan, it's all good. You must ask yourself what YOU want from the relationship...then go get it!

Most of us have grown up with this thinking though so I understand. But I'm not so sure it means much in the long run...

Disclaimer: I'm not firm on this position but I'm leaning towards this belief now that I'm getting old.

Last edited:
i have a friend who talked a lot of **** about when to sleep with guys and looked her nose down on sleeping with a guy on the first date. she is in a relationship with a guy she slept with on the first date :rolleyes:

When should you begin "coloring" after meeting someone?

When you are ready.

How do we as women know that guys are not just going to get your goods and run?

We don't, which is why waiting until your ready is best.

Seeing someone and they have asked me out to dinner but not sure what his attentions are. Im wondering if he believe's that he can swindle me over by this then again im not sure.

I would go to dinner assuming his intentions are dinner. He may have other intentions, but you get to control what happens.

What is considered to soon to color or is it a time limit to wait? I don't wont him to get it twisted and think im easy. How to handle this?

There is no time limit, it really is when you are comfortable and ready. For some that is 3 months, for some it is 3 dates, and for others it is not until marriage. You can't control how he (or any other guy for that matter) thinks about you (if you are easy or prude)...which is the reason it is important for you to do stuff on your time.

i have a friend who talked a lot of **** about when to sleep with guys and looked her nose down on sleeping with a guy on the first date. she is in a relationship with a guy she slept with on the first date :rolleyes:

We're quite talented at tearing each other down aren't we? Keep it in the closet shhhh lol

You sleep with a man when you are fully ready to. No time limit is going to keep you from getting dogged out because if a man wants to play you he will do so after waiting months.

Your best bet is to get to know this man first. Listen to the things he says but more attention to the things he doesn't. Try not to over think things and let him think and act for himself.

Yeah I know people like this. Ending up sticking their own foot in their mouth.

Last edited:
You never know really. It is best to color when YOU feel READY to. Normally for me that is about 1 month. Don't tell a man what you like too much and observe his actions. Many women tell a man exactly what they want, he then uses that to his benefit and shows his true colors after he has met his agenda. All the best to ya lovie.

2 or 3 months?! Sheesh, I must be lame. All my relationships before my current (which was my ex fiance & my last) waited 6 months. My current fiance waited a year. Shoot, he would've waited until marriage but I caved. Sigh. Lol

You sleep with a man when you are fully ready to. No time limit is going to keep you from getting dogged out because if a man wants to play you he will do so after waiting months.

Your best bet is to get to know this man first. Listen to the things he says but more attention to the things he doesn't. Try not to over think things and let him think and act for himself.

Exactly and thank you. Why put a time limit on your body? That Steve Harvey crap will surely get you dogged.

it seems to me she is more concerned about not looking easy, and if that is the issue, i certainly think timelines can help with that.

First try to figure out what his agenda is, some men are looking for relationships and some men are just looking for sex, the same for women. You will know by his actions and not just his words by observation over time. It takes time to know the true colors of the man and his intentions.
Just take things slowly and if he's into you.. he can wait until you are ready.

Whenever you get ready. Waiting a few months or a year doesn't ensure longevity of the relationship. But it can prevent good peen clouding your judgement.

Yes, a man who wants to use you just for sex will wait you out (I would think he would be getting some on the side) ...but you can weed out a good chunk of men who are interested in nothing other than getting in your pants by making them wait.

Back