when is a PS not a PS?

Bublin

I put in individual braids (without extensions) on Wednesday. Its now Sunday and i want to take them out (got to try that Skala stuff). Should i just leave the braids in a little longer to reap the benefits of a ps (i usually leave them in for 10 days) or is 5 days considered long enough to say my hair has been protected from styling and manipulation?

I put in individual braids (without extensions) on Wednesday. Its now Sunday and i want to take them out (got to try that Skala stuff). Should i just leave the braids in a little longer to reap the benefits of a ps (i usually leave them in for 10 days) or is 5 days considered long enough to say my hair has been protected from styling and manipulation?

Leave your braids in the length of time you would normally do so. The Skala, as tempting as it is, will be there.

After 10 days they look awful and fluffy. I have an itchy scalp so need to wash after a week. If i wash whilst in braids i have more frizz than braid..

I try and leave my twists in for a while. When they look fuzzy/frizzy, I just work with it! I'd do an updo or a bun and use some castor oil/gel to smooth the edges. After a couple of days, you'll feel satisfied that you gave your hair a little down time :yep:

I agree with the ladies, the longer you go without taking the braids out- your hair can reap more length retention benefits :)

Back