When Funk=Fabulous Hair

How do you use your Jheri Redding Natural Protein Conditioner?

The same as the bottle instructs. I got some of that to use instead of Aphogee.

You are right - that stuff SMELLS HORRIBLE!

I understand MTG being funky becuse it is made for HORSES! :perplexed But no way for a hair product smelly that bad!:perplexed

I refuse to put anything that stinks on my hair. I don't care what it promises to do.

I have a very sensitive sense of smell, I rarely even wear perfume. Stinky stuff on my head? NO WAY!

The worst was neem oil I nearly vomit! Yuck never me again, that thing is the worst I don't care if it makes my hair reach my ankles hell nooo!

chayil0427 said:
Is it me or are our hair products getting smellier all the time LOL. MTG, ApHogee and now the Jheri Redding Natural Protein Conditioner (this stuff is the stankiest thing I think I've ever smelled, but it was awesome on my hair ... here's the thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=131273 )

What's the funkiest thing you've put on your head to date?

OMG I was in Sally's and smelled this stuff and I was ready to pass out. There is no way I would ever buy this. It smelled like hot death with pickles infused in it. My baby was like Mommy let me smell it...NOOOOOOOO!:eek: There is another product that I can't think of that has beef stock in it that was bad too.

Yea I used the Jheri Redding last night and at first I got nauseated...it was like soy sauce and stanky cooch. But sadly I'll probably use it again because I did like the results. :look: Just chase it with some Silcon Mix since that smells good.

Chayil

You know ladies I think Aphogee sticks, but I shampoo and condition after I rinse it so I never smell it.

It is not like I am walking around smelling like Aphogee.

I am sure the same would be the case for the Jherri Reddign stuff. I would shampoo and condition after it - so no smell. It would just me a mid-routine treatment only, not something you just leave-in.

HoneyDew said:
You know ladies I think Aphogee sticks, but I shampoo and condition after I rinse it so I never smell it.

It is not like I am walking around smelling like Aphogee.

I am sure the same would be the case for the Jherri Reddign stuff. I would shampoo and condition after it - so no smell. It would just me a mid-routine treatment only, not something you just leave-in.
Oh definitely I wouldn't expect anyone to walk around with the Jheri Redding smell. I have never smelled MTG so I can't comment on that stuff.

btw this is the other stuff I was talking about:
283064.jpg

guesswho said:
The worst was neem oil I nearly vomit! Yuck never me again, that thing is the worst I don't care if it makes my hair reach my ankles hell nooo!

I have to agree with you on that neem oil. That stuff is horrible. I ordered some a week ago and when I smelled it for the first time, I thought I was going to hurl:confused: It smells like sewage to me and I had to think twice about it before I decided to put it on my hair. I think I just wasted some money b/c there is no way in hell I am putting that ish on my hair:perplexed

camellia said:
I have a very sensitive sense of smell, I rarely even wear perfume. Stinky stuff on my head? NO WAY!

:lol:

I have a strong sense of smell too...I swear I can smell something a hundred miles away! For my hair though, I decided to get over it and I have used two unpleasant smelling products on my hair (MTG and Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair). :ohwell:

Biolage Daily Leave In Tonic! Lawd this isn't your average good smelling leave in, BUT it makes my hair so soft, the smell isn't that bad, but I added a few well several drops of Fragrance oil and I am straight, I can't let that go because with my dry Twa thatr is a nappy saver for my wash n go when I don't want no other products on my hair!

chayil0427 said:
Yea I used the Jheri Redding last night and at first I got nauseated...it was like soy sauce and stanky cooch. But sadly I'll probably use it again because I did like the results. :look: Just chase it with some Silcon Mix since that smells good.

Chayil

:lachen: :lachen: Chayil, you need to stop it. You know better!:lachen:

Girl, I have smelled MTG and it is BAD. I really cannot see how people can walk around with that stuff on, especially if they have SO and family and co-workers to be around!!! Sorry I really don't care how much hair it cranks out - I could not walk around like that!!

JustMeSteph said:
Oh definitely I wouldn't expect anyone to walk around with the Jheri Redding smell. I have never smelled MTG so I can't comment on that stuff.

btw this is the other stuff I was talking about:
283064.jpg

I did an Aphogee a week ago. It didn't bother me much. But oh my, ORS Carrot Oil, I oil my scalp with it at night after I wash, so the smell is gone by morning.

miss_cherokee said:
I have to agree with you on that neem oil. That stuff is horrible. I ordered some a week ago and when I smelled it for the first time, I thought I was going to hurl:confused: It smells like sewage to me and I had to think twice about it before I decided to put it on my hair. I think I just wasted some money b/c there is no way in hell I am putting that ish on my hair:perplexed
you know it is assoc with manure right? yeah, when I researched it I found this:
http://www.agroextracts.com/NeemexcakeOrgnic.htm

Last edited:
Back