When does UR hair stop responding to your fav..

AnnDriena_

I know that you should switch your shampoos and conditioners every now and then because your hair stops responding after it gets used to them but

When do you find your hair stops responding? after a few months or so?
I was upset when the Matrix Sleek Moisturizing Mask stopped making my hair look shiny (not greasy) and flat ironed. Uggh It was so beautiful. It's still alright, but man when I first started using it, I raved to everybody withing earshot.

Do you rotate your other products to? Serums? Treatments? When?

And when do you go back to your faves?

I've been wondering about this myself.. and I'm trying to combat it by using my samples and things in between my staple Nexxus Products. For instance, I will be using Kenra MC next wash instead of Humectress, because I definetly dont want my hair to get used to Humectress.. cause I bought that big ol 1 Liter bottle!

mine stops responding when i need to clarify. i don't switch shampoos or conditioners often. my hair usually turns on me when i experment. so i stopped experimenting. i've been using the same ones for probably two years...

[ QUOTE ]
When do you find your hair stops responding? after a few months or so?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually right after I buy a liter or gallon sized drum of it...
frown.gif
Mizani Moisturfuse, anyone?
ohwell.gif

Seriously, I don't use one thing long enough for my hair to get used to it. I'll use the same combos for a few weeks and then get bored and use something else.

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
mine stops responding when i need to clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats me too!

It's really hard to say and it varies, sometimes it takes weeks, even months for my hair to stop responding. In the past few months my hair has stopped responding to a few things I've stock-piled on. I won't do that anymore, even if it is on sale. Now, I just buy stuff as needed one bottle or jar at a time.

For the most part though, when I find a product that works really well on my hair, I'll get the same consistent results for a long time.

I don't think hair stops 'responding' per se, but that there is a 'buildup' of products that prevents proper penetration, particularly if a lot of 'cones are used in leave-ins. I have been using nexxus products for at least 10 years and my hair still responds the best to therappe, humectress and headdress -- these are my absolute holy grail three-some. I also like emergencee and keraphix when I need protein. I may not have a problem because I avoid 'cones like the plague. As someone suggested, you may need to use a clarifying shampoo and then see how well your products do.

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif

Sassy, you're going to have to wrap your hair when you go into the store so it can't see your purchases. Your going to have to spring it on the hair and surprise it
look.gif

Thanks you guys I understand about the build up.

When you say cones. Do you mean silicones, dimethicones and what not? Because I heard those were good for your hair.
crazy.gif

Yep, I mean silicones (dimethicones, clymethicone, etc.). They may work well for some people, but I find that they coat and dry my hair out something aweful over time. I used regularly for almost 6 months before I realize that the 'cones was causing my problem. So I just avoid. The thing is though, that if you do use 'cones, then you should be using a clarifying shampoos every now and then in order to remove the buildup they cause.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
Usually right after I buy a liter or gallon sized drum of it...
frown.gif
Mizani Moisturfuse, anyone?
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i know the Mizani probably cost a grip, sassygirl, but THAT had me rolling!!
lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
mine stops responding when i need to clarify. i don't switch shampoos or conditioners often. my hair usually turns on me when i experment. so i stopped experimenting. i've been using the same ones for probably two years...

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA, I always clarify when I notice the conditioner is not working the same way and this usually corrects the problem. Sometimes it is not working that well due to build up.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
i know the Mizani probably cost a grip, sassygirl, but THAT had me rolling!!
lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Chile...
frown.gif
I used two 8 oz bottles. Then I drove all over the state of SC looking for the "real" Moisturfuse because I thought I had the "bootleg".
laugh.gif
By the time I bought the liter size from Trade Secret the stuff stopped working on my hair!
swearing.gif

whyme.gif

Re: When does UR hair stop responding to your fav.

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
mine stops responding when i need to clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here.

Back