When Do You Feel DisCourage about LHH?

theLovelyStyle

Im feeling a little discouraged right now.

I was looking back at my beginning pics and saw that I've made some progress within the last year, but I feel as though its not enough:sad:.

Although my regime hasnt been consistent the entire year, it has definitely improved. I just have these nasty ends that I wanna cut from the mid back of my head but my sides are growing wild n healthy and fast so it'll make it even more uneven. Plus my sides ends are so gorgeous. Then one side of my head is longer and healthier looking than the other and...WHEW sorry I just needed to vent..:ohwell:

When do you feel discouraged?

I feel discouraged when I think of the hair mistakes I've made... like texlaxing. I wish I never did that. It was great at first but the breakage at the line of demarcation is killing me. I'm basically going to have to transition out of it now, and I wish I never did that to my hair.

Sigh.

I feel discouraged sometimes when I have negative thoughts.

When I first started caring for my hair, I pictured being wl in 4 years. From all the posts I read, I just had it in my mind that wl in 4 years was the norm. I don't think that is going to happen for me. I will hit 3 years in April or May and I'm just bsb. I need to let go of this ideal. I'm trying...I'm almost there but not quite.

I don't feel that my hair is long. I know that others consider it long but it doesn't feel like it is...probably because it stays at sl unless someone pulls it for me. My flexibility sucks. When it is completely dry (when I wake up in the morning), it is at the middle of my neck.

Shrinkage is definitely a booger but I love my hair too much to worry too much about it. I just hate when these thoughts pop into my head. It's very discouraging.

Last edited:
Hey guys I looked up LHH. It could stand for:

Lee Hecht Harrison
League for the Hard of Hearing
Laguna Honda Hospital
Lenox Hill Hospital
Lou Henry Hoover
L-Band HH
Lutheran Hospice of Hope

So which one is it? Forgive me if this is an acronym I looked over. :wallbash:

^^I just assumed it was Long Healthy Hair :lachen: But I could be wrong :perplexed:ohwell:

Anywho, to answer the question, I get discouraged towards the end of my stretches when it seems like half of the hair on my head is shedding.

I feel discouraged when I think of the hair mistakes I've made... like texlaxing. I wish I never did that. It was great at first but the breakage at the line of demarcation is killing me. I'm basically going to have to transition out of it now, and I wish I never did that to my hair.

Sigh.

What are you transitioning to?

I haven't been at it long enough to feel discouraged. If you don't see results after 2+ years, then that's cause for concern, but otherwise, hang in there.

Long healthy hair? I kinda doubt that, coz why would anyone be discouraged about LONG and HEALTHY HAIR? Isn't that what we're all trying to achieve meaning if we got it, we'd be celebrating? :confused:

LHH = Long Healthy Hair...I guess I was trying to say when are u discouraged about achieving long healthy hair...but great stories. Thanks guys, atleast i am not the only one

Back