When 2 texlax ?

maddie611

Hey everyone
I am planning to texlax my hair for the first time but I want to get some suggestions on when is the right time to start the transition. Im approximately 14 weeks post relaxer and I was wondering if I could start now or I should wait until I have a substantial amount of new growth (idk 4 inches and up).. please help..I'm really excited as I believe this will help me to retain some of the thickness which is lost when relaxed. :perplexed also I would like suggestions on the best relaxer to use when texlaxing course but fine hair. Thank you :yep:

sorry, i don't have any suggestions... i became unintentionally texlaxed when i switched relaxers from optimum no-lye to silk elements lye... the lye only relaxes my wave/curl pattern somewhat, not bone-straight like the no-lye did... but i can say if you wanted to relax now it wouldn't be such a bad idea considering you waited more than 3 months

You can start at anytime. I think many ladies who texlax stretch, but 14 weeks should do it. I usually texlax every three months. This year I'm going for every four months. If you are susceptible to breakage if you stretch longer, you should texlax now. If not, why not go a bit longer? Take the extra time to learn about the process and get your texlaxing technique down to a science.

I've been using profective no lye in regular, and I love it. I've been thinking about switching to lye to see if that would help with the dryness I sometimes have. People here seem to love Mizani butter blends and ORS lye. ORS no lye has good reviews too. There are quite a few threads on this topic floating around. Try to find people with your hair type and see what they're using. Any relaxer you've used in the past should be fine though. Just do a strand test so that you can be sure how long to keep the relaxer on. Maybe others will chime in.

I use Vitale Sensitive Scalp No-Lye mixed with a few squirts of Aphogee 2 min. I picked that particular conditioner because of the keratin. I figured that I might as well try to put some good stuff back into the strand while it was all opened up by the relaxer. I picked that particular relaxer because it's the one I always used and I'm too chicken to switch, lol. I've been texlaxing like this since I joined and my normally fine, fly-away strands are much stronger and thicker.

I'm not a stretcher. I can only go 8-10 weeks before my hair starts breaking and generally acting ignorant, so I agree with the poster who said it really depends on your hair and how it normally acts. If you can stretch for a super long time like some of the ladies here, go for it. You'll end up with a more even result if you do several inches of hair at once, I think.

Hope that helps.

Back