What's your wash day regimen?

Louisex3

So ladies. Second day subscribed, my 3rd post i think, fully taking advantage of all this advice i can receive :D

My wash day is on a Sunday, as it's my laziest day, so i can sit around as long as i please with a shower cap on.

At the moment my regimen is as follows...
in red are steps i'd like to implement into my regimine

A pre-poo
Shampoo with VO5 (unless i'm clarifying which i do once a month with tres eme)
Apply Aphogee 2 min (plastic cap, 15 mins, without heat)
Rinse with water
Roux porosity control
Apply ORS Replenishing pak w/EVOO (plastic cap 45mins - 1 hr, without heat, i use about half a pack)
ACV Rinse

I don't know whether the Roux and the ACV rinse are in the right places?
If i use one, should i not use the other?

Alsoo.. i wash in about 6 - 8 braids, but i still get quite a bit of breakage, does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

+ post your wash day regimens too! :D

i pre-poo w/ olive oil & usually AO Honeysuckle Rose
then i usually wash w/ a sulfate free shampoo or castle soap
then co-wash & DC (products vary) & then follow up with an ACV rinse after i rinse out the DC...but yesterday i pre-poo'd, then i used half of the ACV mixture, then co-washed, then used the rest of the ACV then DC'd and the results were much better...i had nice results with ACV last, but i just like the way i did it yesterday better...i was always under the impression you should do the ACV rinse last b/c it clothes and smoothes the cuticle, but i think if you ACV rinse before you DC then the DC is just going to smooth it even more, esp b/c you dont use heat to DC the cuticle wont open up...plus you wont have to deal with the ACV smell lol

thankyou! :D
So acv should be the final rinse? but where does the porosity control fit into this?
Are they the same sorta thing?

hi and Welcome :d
Right,so as a prepoo you could heat up some olive oil and coconut oil and place it on your hair under a shower cap ,leave on for about an hour.
Dont do an acv rinse after deepconditioning as it would just strip your hair from the benefits of the treatment.
I wouldnt use Aphogee 2 min on a weekly basis its best to use it once a month or every 3 weeks.Remember ORs paks contain proteins as well ,you dont wanna overdo it .
Deep Condition as you doing now .
and do a final rinse with Roux Porosity if necessary .
I would just seal with oil instead of using RP every week .
As for the braids ,its a good technique ,apply conditioner on dry hair
and braid it.

here is my wash regimen:

Prepoo with Grapeseed Oil and Coconut oil (or any oil i can find in my "house store" lol.
leave on for about an hour.
Shampoo with Motions herbals moisturizing shampoo
Deepn condition for about an hour with no heat or 20 to 30 min w heat.I use different conditioners every week ,I have lots of products,their all great so its hard to finish them as they re concentrate.(Keracare Humecto<lekair Cholestrol,Aubrey Honeysckle conditionergreat stuff Motions Herbal Kiwi COnditioner (i love this one and its pretty overrated)Komaza Olive Mask etc

I also do my own natural conditioners.

Leave in -Curl Junkie leave in diluted with grapeseed,coconut oil ,water and a tiny bit of glycerin .
If i need to straighten my hair the day before i apply Cantu Breakcure it strenghten the hair and REALLY prevent damage.
HTH:D

thankyou! :D
So acv should be the final rinse? but where does the porosity control fit into this?
Are they the same sorta thing?

i never used porosity control but the best order for me is
prepoo>>>poo(if you use ACV to clarify then do that here)>>>cowash(but thats just me)>>>ACV>>>DC

Actually, I just switched up my routine and it seems to be working well...My wash day is Monday...I have been wearing the protective styles for a full 5 days and then I will attempt either a braid or twist out for Sat and Sunday...If those fail, I do a wash and go or bun till Monday evening...

1. I apply my WEN cleansing conditioner using the relaxer method and this allows me to detangle and let the conditioner to marinate. I divide my hair into 6 sections and twist up after each section

2. Wash out my conditioner in the shower in sections and re-twist

3. Apply deep conditioner section by section, also using the relaxer technique

4. I used to allow the DC to sit for a couple of hours, but I just purchased a steamer so now I will be sitting under the steamer

5. Rinse out in sections and retwist

6. Style...

On days that I incorporate the protein treatment, I will do that for number 3 and then deep condition after that!

Last edited:
Wash day is usually Saturday.

Protein poo/condish - Redken Extreme
Moisture poo/condish - Aveda Dry Remedy

Pre-poo w/ Coconut oil while I jog/workout
Shampoo
DC for 30mins w/ heat, 1hr w/o
Rinse w/ cool water
Salerm leave in, Mizani foaming wrap lotion (just a lil, cuz of the ceramides), seal w/ evco
let air dry 85%
Flexi rod set/curlformer set/rollerset (re-wet w/ water)

If I'm blowdrying/flat ironing, I switch up my leave-ins.

Dat's it. :)

hi and Welcome :d
Right,so as a prepoo you could heat up some olive oil and coconut oil and place it on your hair under a shower cap ,leave on for about an hour.
Dont do an acv rinse after deepconditioning as it would just strip your hair from the benefits of the treatment.
I wouldnt use Aphogee 2 min on a weekly basis its best to use it once a month or every 3 weeks.Remember ORs paks contain proteins as well ,you dont wanna overdo it .
Deep Condition as you doing now .
and do a final rinse with Roux Porosity if necessary .
I would just seal with oil instead of using RP every week .
As for the braids ,its a good technique ,apply conditioner on dry hair
and braid it.

Thankyou for this advice ^^

I wash once a week, could be on Thur, Fri, Sat, or Sun, just depends on when I have time.

1. I spray my hair with water to get it damp but not soaking wet
2. Saturate with GVP Cond. Balm and cover with plastic cap for 1 - 2hrs
3. Rinse and then co-wash with Suave Lavender & Lilac Cond.
4. Add Proclaim Olive Oil Wrapping Foam, seal with EVCO, and rollerset
5. Air-dry overnight, remove rollers and add a lil EVCO

I have never used Porosity Control so I can't speak for that. BUT, I use ACV rinses regularly and find it best to use between poo and condish because it can be drying. I still get GREAT results from it and my scalp thanks me for using it.

My wash day is Saturday... I have diff shampoo and conditioners for each hair need. If I want thick hair I use Jocio Body Luxe, if I want thick hair and that salon look I use Ojon Hair Thickener, if I need more moisture I use Joico MR, if I need a protein treatment I use Aphogee and if my hair needs some elasticity I use Aphogee 2 min Reconstructor..... That is it thus far. But whatever I product I choose to use I will wash my hair two times and make sure all product is out. Then I will use a BUNCH of conditioner until I know all my hair is coated in that!!! Put a plastic cap on and I sit under a hood dryer for 15-20mins and wash out (i dont use the plastic cap for Aphogee treatments) and then apply CHI Keratin as my leave-in. Then I blow dry with Jilbere dryer from Sally's and then I flat iron.

If I am just going to wear my hair in a protective style I will use a deep conditioner (still looking for one for days like this, perhaps Lekair cholestral, the green jar or Joico Kpak deep conditioner) after I wash with Tressemme Naturals and leave the conditioner in for 15-20 under a hood... wash out, put in a leave in conditioner... use my oils, and juices and design my hair in protective style with no heat.

not to hi-jack, but janet is the WEN any different from just co-washing with regular condish?

Sorry OP...WEN is designed as a cleansing conditioner so it cleans the scalp just as a shampoo would do...so there is no need for a shampoo.

You should either use acv or porosity control but not together.

Thankyou Ms Blue :D
Do you know why you can't use them together?

These two items serve the same purpose, to close the cuticle of the hair shaft, I use either one as the last step after DCing.

What I do on wash day:

Prepoo- (occasionally) rosemary-coconut-olive oil OR sulpher based oil OR a protein treatment
Wash-ORS Creamy Aloe (if hair has 'cones) OR an ayur shampoo bar
DC-various products (under steamer)
Roux PC/ACV- (occasionally) I use one or the other to keep porosity in check once or twice per month

If my finished style requires no heat, I do the following:
1. Pre-poo overnight usually with coconut or avocado oil. I put on a plastic cap and scarf to prevent a mess.
2. Detangle with my fingers if needed. Wash once or twice if needed.
3. Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
4. Condition my hair and detangle with my shower comb.
5. Rinse with lukewarm water and squeeze the water out of my hair.
6. Apply a little leave in-usually protein based.
7. Apply a shea-mango mixture I made and style.

If my finished style requires heat, I do the same thing up to number 5. After that I sit under a dryer and let my hair dry about 80% then use the hand held dryer to finish drying and get the shape I want. I use just a dab of Chi Silk Infusion and oil to blowdry.

Of course anything can change depending on what my hair needs that week, but this is the usual for me.

My regimen changes with the seasons, :lol: Here's what I've been doing lately:

1. Pre-poo with Vatika Coconut Oil.

2. Wash with Skala Ceramides Shampoo

3. Deep Condition with any one of my 203203 conditioners. :lol: Just kidding I only have maybe 7.

4. Rinse and use any one of my 293294242 leave-in conditioners... ok ok, I only have 3 at this time. Style, dry. Use olive oil or vatika for sheen/shine.

On my wash day is pre poo with coconut oil and vitamin e oil mix

Next I shampoo with either jessiecurl cleansing cream or elasta qp creamy moisturizing shampoo

Then I dc with aussie three min miracle or ntm restorative mask for an 1/2 hour under a dryer.

Then I do an acv rinse (love it!!) but I try to let it sit for a couple of min before I rinse it out

Then I put in my hask placenta hot creme leave in and let it sit for 5 min before I apply my elasta qp mango butter and seal with jojoba oil

Back