What's your summer regimen???

MissFallon

I am gonna wash once a week, spray on some S-curl and my leave-in, airdry in a ponytail and wear a bun or wear it wavy. Only low-manip styles for me from now on, and i'm hoping back on that GHLW bandwagon (bye bye comb).

What are you doing to your hair for the summer?

Same thing I been doing here. Washing and DCing twice a week, low manipulation/low heat.

I am going to start adding cowashing in there twice a week too :)

This humidity is a nightmare for me! So I am definitely going to have to DC more often as, my flatirons will be getting a WORKOUT!

I am going to start doing shake and go's on a regular basis. I am going to try and do them until I go to Hawaii in 17 days. That is going to be a big challenge since I've never done it that long.

I am currently frustrated with my summer regimen. I am experimenting with flat ironing my hair, so I can get it right for summer special occasions. So far, the humidity and sweating are not my friend. I am really considering putting in a clip in weave (thanks to LiLi!)

Twistouts and buns will be my low manipulation styles. I will throw in a rollerset every now and then to mix things up. Plus I'll be co-washing, deep conditioning, moisturizing and sealing w/oil like there is no tomorrow!

This summer I will be alternating between kerastase strengthening and moisturizing lines while using nioxin with every wash. Hot curl only once a week, the remainder of the week I'll use rollers to maintain curls. Will also be taking nioxin vitamins.

I do the regular was and deep condish thing too, and even though I ususally don't wear my hair out--I've been rocking braidouts with coconut oil. I love 'em !!:grin:

Last edited:
Priestess said:
Twistouts and buns will be my low manipulation styles. I will throw in a rollerset every now and then to mix things up. Plus I'll be co-washing, deep conditioning, moisturizing and sealing w/oil like there is no tomorrow!

Me too. We've been getting so much rain and the moisture makes me look like a bush babee - but no rollersets for me :ohwell: .

Back